Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
IMO: Hell yes it's worth it. I'll be doing an undertail kit next winter (if I keep the bike that long), except I wanted to use two smaller mufflers instead of one large one. I was thinking a set of Toomey T-5's from a Banshee would be ideal, but seeing the new dual-side mounted pipes, and what he paid for them, I may go with a set like those.

The hardest part would and will be making the header. I was thinking of routing two small diameter pipes on either side of the engine, or do like the stock system and dump them both together and run one single pipe, probably on the left side of the motor (the only thing to worry about over there is the coolant line..). Then comes the whole routing of the pipe from there. The guy on youtube who has the "race ready 250r" that does the walk around... I think his system is pretty jerry-rigged. He did an awesome job with the bends and the beautiful tig welds, but how he has the whole system bent up and around the swing arm just looks very hillbilly. I am running a K&N (r-0990) and have plenty of room under the seat to run the exhaust, just cut a hole in the mud flap and run it through there. Wrap the header the whole length with a ceramic coating and then exhaust wrap, and you could keep it cool enough that it shouldn't make a HUGE difference to the temperature of air your engine is pulling in...

·
Registered
256 Posts
that would be sweet to see!
the only thing i am thinking about is that it is going to be a LOOOONG way to the tip of the exhaust... i would think there would be a problem with airflow from that distance, but who knows. that aside, yes, it would be super badass and totally make your bike stand out :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why would it be any longer than the stock setup? Look at the side profile pic of your bike, and then picture a set of pipes dumping before the brake light.. It shouldn't be substantially longer, and if you're smart with the planning should have a less restrictive path, and a shorter distance.

The only negative I can see is tire clearance if you lower your bike at all. The tire is already close when you drop the bike, but if you add a set of pipes back there you're asking for trouble.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This should be able to be done. Would there be any performance gains? Probably not, but it would look cool.

You would need to put a heat shield between the muffler and the tail section of your bike. The pipes would need to be smaller than the stock to account for the added length to keep the same velocity and backpressure.

I'll take a better look at it this weekend, but I bet it can be done.

joeRWMN said:
+1 Felix. I've done this (see my other thing) and there is just no way to route the pipes. And yes, the pipe would be way too long and it would ride like shit. I left it running for 5 minutes and it cost me an undertail plastic piece. Forget about it.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
For some reason it reminds me of a CBR fused with an F-16 lol. They look sick! I also dig the Megelli 250's undertail. Its a deep pitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Original pic in this thread looks photoshopped....especially the license plate...dunno, just the "feeling" that I get when I look at the pic

This wouldb awesome, I think it appeals to all of us that think symmetrically

·
4,853 Posts
limegreenlighting said:
virtualmatrix258 what is up with your icon and who is that?
I've seen it somewhere....

You'd have to ask Felix, he's kind of in charge, or has taken charge of my avatar lol.

...Damn Aussies, but you gotta love him. Tune in, he'll change it up when we least expect it.

·
4,853 Posts
Its from a movie...I've seen it before. My girlfriend knows because I've watched it with her but I was too busy trying to get busy, so I've failed you spooph.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
virtualmatrix258 said:
Its from a movie...I've seen it before. My girlfriend knows because I've watched it with her but I was too busy trying to get busy, so I've failed you spooph.
If you got busy after all you made me proud!!!

·
4,853 Posts
Well My girlfriend FAILED! She didnt know, she just sat here looking at it lol. Thanks guys for the support, when I get busy I give it my best, Now I'm going to pump twice for Spooph and Travisty hehe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts