Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
FYI Pretty sure my Yosh pipe came with some kinda statement that is was for off-road, ( race ) use only. I think that's just the way it is. It's a chance we take and it just depends on how bored your local law enforcement are. Where I live, we're under their radar, they have more pressing things to worry about. BUT . . . .this might be a good reason to NOT go with the loudest pipe you can find , ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
You will be very, VERY hard pressed to find a road legal pipe. They either exceed the bikes emissions standards, the decible level is too loud, or in some counties/states/countries, ANYTHING other than stock is illegal...

Just use the pipe you like best, and if a cop gives you a repair and report, throw your stock can back on and go to court.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being in England, they don't give that chance. They'll just charge you with a fixed penalty notice (usually £60, but can vary) and then have points stuck on my licence. I think I might just stick with the stock can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi im only across the water from you in Dublin almost very can slip on or full is not road legal most cans will have not for road stamped on the can the cops here are not that bad but if i was you i would get a can and keep the baffles in it because if its not that loud you should be ok im sure you can get a can for our bike with removable baffles i dont think you will have much of a prob the laws in ireland are much the same as england

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for a relatively cheap can for mine too in the UK. The best I have come across so far is Blueflame. Looks great and only £180 for Stainless (190 for satin black). Titanium/Coloured Titanium and Carbon are also offered but much more expensive.

http://www.blueflameperformance.com
Just click "Bikes" then Kawasaki and select Ninja 250r from the drop down list.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.