Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people's thoughts on tyre warmers for the casual track day here or there?

I'm keen on getting out to the track now that I have decent tyres and a few mods. Just wondering if it would be worth my while having the tyres up to temp right away.

Or am I going to look like a twat? :whistling:

These are on sale so might be worth buying:

[url]http://www.kaneg.com.au/products/Tyre-Warmers-Non-Digital--Red-160%7B47%7D120.html[/URL]

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
2nd on the Twat....

The only reason i would get tire warmers is if i was going for lap times....(or if they just happened to be given to me with the bike if i got it) haha

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lol, on a 250 I wouldn't run tire warmers... Not even full on race rubber during a race.... The hot lap before the race to line up the bikes will get the tires plenty warm to be safe, at the very least, and probably to be good performers as well... So, for a casual track day....

twat...

BUT, if they're adjustable, AND onsale, buy them ANYWAY and save them for when you get a bigger bike, because it WILL matter THEN... :D

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.