Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone who hasn't tried it definitely should... my upshifts are so fast compared to when i used my whole hand that it's ridiculous. Only problem you'll run into is rubbin on your fingers will hurt if you pull it in too far

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
anyone who hasn't tried it definitely should... my upshifts are so fast compared to when i used my whole hand that it's ridiculous. Only problem you'll run into is rubbin on your fingers will hurt if you pull it in too far
Why the fck u even use the clutch?
Anyone else using the clutch?
Just pop it into gear.....
Isn't that what u do on a bike?
Clutches rrr just to get u started at the start....
How long u been driving a bike?
Once ur moving fck that clutch...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sounds like you got a short shaft and small hand problem. Whether you whole hand it or two finger it, it's still going to require some adjustment in grip and strength. Length can make a difference.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Sounds like you got a short shaft and small hand problem. Whether you whole hand it or two finger it, it's still going to require some adjustment in grip and strength. Length can make a difference.
I have mine adjusted at it's shortest setting. Mine has them adjustable levers. Think i've only been using either 2 or 3 fingers when shifting anyway. I'm not racing, so most times i'm not using the clutch to shift.
Just gently upshifting n downshifting with my foot. Been doing it 4ever n never had a problem.
Hell....even when driving a big truck....most times i'm not using the clutch..... Just when i'm range shifting n gear shifting...n...find most times i'm not using the clutch doing that.
But on the excavator I always use the clutch......:whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I'm sure mines short shafted too......:whistling::whistling:
N i always keep a firm grip on it....:dance::dance:
If I clutch it to hard it will spit white lithium grease all over the place...:facepalm::facepalm:
I'll usually have the wife do the clutching....:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
na.. my fingers are alien-like. it's just kind of weird being less than a centimeter away from the friction zone with two finger clutch pull.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I've been thinking of gettin the shorty levers , didn't know if they would be tiring on the hands or easier.
I think the shorties would be ok........:thumb::thumb:
Well on my bike anyway.......
Clutch pulls very easy......:thumb:
N i sure don't use it all the time.....:nonono::nonono:
When i'm putting around....which is most the time.....:whistling:
I just use my toe to shift up n down gently......:dance::dance:
Unless ur always cranking on ur bike i see no reason to use that lever....
Well unless ur new to biking maybe...:dance::dance:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.