Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1989 kawasaki ninja ZX600r c2 and i need to replace a turn signal. Not just the bulb or the lense, but the entire unit. I can see where the turn signal wire feed into, but I can't figure out how to un-wire and rewire new turn signals into there. Any help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the thing though, they aren't just click in/click out. The wires are connected by a blue rubber tube and pinched in the middle and I can't just pull them out like I should be able to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, those are splice connectors. This is literally a rubber tube that is smaller than a straw and it's wrapped around where the wires connect and in the middle where the coper wires are exposed, its clamped down

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Ah, I see. Yeah well that sounds pretty one use. If you can't pull it apart and cut the wires where they crimp (never re crimp on top of a crimp) and crimp them on fresh copper you could always leave the connector and snip the wire further down and add another connector...

I might have the wrong end of this, maybe a pic would help?

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the pic. Also I thought about cutting it, I just don't want to do any unrepairable damage. I'll post a pic here as soon as I can.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
All damage is repairable, it's all just price dependent. A pic would help. I'm thinking your describing a crimp type fitting, as Felix suggested. You could also try some round connectors you typically find at the hardware store with fuel tubing around them to keep the weather out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 1989 kawasaki ninja ZX600r c2 and i need to replace a turn signal. Not just the bulb or the lense, but the entire unit. I can see where the turn signal wire feed into, but I can't figure out how to un-wire and rewire new turn signals into there. Any help?
I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Cut - strip - slice. :popcorn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts