Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\ I did put this question in the New Members Section, but I'll ask it here too. My use of the search function failed to find any examples of trimmed fenders. Seems it is an all or nothing case with the fender and I'm wondering if anyone has ever just trimmed the fender a bit? I'm not sure about removing the whole works, hoping for a solution that will maintain the legal and usefull functions of the rear fender but still improve the look of that bulky tail. Any suggestions, examples or pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have a photo but I was in the same shoes as you. Just get a box cutter. An electric saw or anything like that isn't needed. I cut mine off with a box cutter in about 10 seconds and it looks just fine. No jagged edges or frays. It cut like butter. If you look at the fender, there is almost a dotted line to cut on which makes it a lot easier (hard to explain without a pic). I'm happy with mine and can barely tell I chopped it. No need for removing electrical or license plate. Just the reflectors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will take some pics of mine this afternoon. I did some trimming with a razor knife. It cuts through the plastic very easily. Looks alot better just take your time and cut it smooth & straight. Mark your lines with a straight edge. I could just leave it alone, but I'm as picky as they come. I want the whole thing gone. I'm still going with the Targa Eliminator, ordered it this morning.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did cut away about half of the fender.Don't want the men in kaki to fool around with me.Watch carefully at the #plate light.Cut a slote there to.Trim the reflector to match.Voila,2nd back light.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah,you're right.More then that they are reflective to.Can see for miles.Hate it.Trimming away the corners (used to)get me in big trouble with the law.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good (but for the previously mentioned giant licence plate). Good idea for locating the red reflector to the rear also, I was planning on doing much the same thing and using a circular red reflector I have that mounts with 3M double sided tape on the butt end of the plate light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts