Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do use throttle, 10w40 , just bought it so could use a change. Owner said it was changed. Bike only had 4k on it. Throttle and clutch seem fine. Most likely operator error. Thanks felix going to use synthetic from here out

·
Registered
16 Posts
self shifting

Anyone ever had a problem with the trans "popping" out of second back into neutral while going through the gears? it only does it every now and then like I'm not pulling it into second hard enough or what but it gets pretty annoying sometimes and kinda worries me.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
yup yup, it has happened to me countless of times.... Here a few things to notice while shifting, especially on the 250, but on all bikes in general:

1.) Make sure to disengage the clutch completely before you shift.... This doesn't mean you have to be slow about your change, just pull on the lever a bit more.
2.) pre-load the shifter before the change - not a ton, just kind of rest the weight of your foot on it right before the change.
3.) When you do change, make sure it's a solid movement on your part. No limp-ankled, half-kind-of-sorta-blah shift. A solid, succinct kick-down with the foot. But don't be all hulk on it either and kick with your might. Accurate and succinct has the magic, they happy middle ground that is.

Also, try some clutchless shifting, it gives you a whole new appreciation for feeling what the transmission is doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the tips spooph. Do you know if Eric is still selling oil coolers? Its been no less than 100 degrees here the past 3 weeks where I live in Oklahoma and I think one of those would be a great investment for my little red rocket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My bike has like 2500 miles on it and it is a bit "clunky" to my buddy has a ninja as well his is a bit more "seasoned" if you will with 12000 miles and his isnt as bad as mine, I am thinking it is just a break-in thing.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
My 2008 trans would jump out of gear between first and second. After I blew up the trans I got a 2009 trans on E bay . Smooth as silk now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.