Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
jordanhill27 said:
I just broke it in. Put 400 miles on it.. Goes up to 189 fast. I need to know how to put pics in this... Thanks
Nice... I bought a 2010 ZX-10R a week ago. The speedometer maxes at 189, but I've researched this and some are saying the top speed is 200+... Mine has seen 141 mph and it felt good...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Battlefrog said:
Nice... I bought a 2010 ZX-10R a week ago. The speedometer maxes at 189, but I've researched this and some are saying the top speed is 200+... Mine has seen 141 mph and it felt good...
Hmmm. Im really not trying to sound boastful. But I've never heard anything about a 10 doing 200+ unless it has MAJOR work put into it. I have a 14 and I have lots of work into mine. And it's only got about 235 in it.
May I ask what all you've done to it? Have you removed the limiter?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Big Kaw said:
Hmmm. Im really not trying to sound boastful. But I've never heard anything about a 10 doing 200+ unless it has MAJOR work put into it. I have a 14 and I have lots of work into mine. And it's only got about 235 in it.
May I ask what all you've done to it? Have you removed the limiter?
Not my bike.... Just some things I've read online.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
FYI - in 2010 there was a huge shootout on the salt flats between the MV Augusta F4 and the Honda CBR 1000. At that time, the Honda broke 200mph, stock, out of the box, by 1mph (201.xx mph), and the MV just barely missed 200mph, SO, as Big Kaw said, unless there's been a lot of work done, a stock bike is iffy.... Oh sure, some might show you pics of their speedos, and yes, then it would be 200mph indicated, but we all know different.. :) Not trying to rain on your parade dude, not at all, just keeping the facts straight. :) Don't want you expecting something unrealistic. Also, would love to see a time slip from the Ohio or Bonneville showing 200mph... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.