Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm a brand-new rider having finished my motorcycle safety class last week. I'm 4'10" with a 27 inch inseam. I'm so excited about getting my first bike, but I don't want the cruiser if I can help it. I love the sport bike. This brings me to my question.

I can't effectively test ride a bike until it is lowered. I've been on a Ninja, an R3, a Grom, and a CBR 250. Is it safe to choose a bike without ever personally feeling how it handles? I would basically be choosing based on looks and how I feel in the seat on the showroom floor.

I would really prefer to have a motorcycle instead of the Honda Grom. But I also want to feel confident and save on my first bike. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't have a lot of upper body strength, and right now I don't feel comfortable without both feet on the ground at a stop.

Is it common practice for people to buy bikes they haven't test ridden? I've only been on the rebel, so I have no idea if I actually like the feel of a sport bike.

It seems risky to buy a brand-new bike from the dealer and have it lowered without an idea of how it feels. The maybe there's no way around that.

There must be shorter riders who have had to lower their bikes but somehow made a decision before purchase. Wondered what their experiences were.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only way to do so is to find someone willing to let you ride theirs first. Dealers won't do it. I used to sell bikes. ... And yes your predicament is common
Ah, thanks for the insight. I'm not part of a biking culture, so I don't know much. I've got my eye on a couple of used bikes, but I'm worried that something will come up once I ride them.

Maybe for someone as green as myself who can't test ride anything, it's worth buying brand new w/factory warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.