Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Too cold to ride on the street, but the boys and I have been out riding recently - http://s132.photobucket.com/user/jverg/media/Misc/IMG_20131230_103651_zpse27d1ae1.jpg.html http://s132.photobucket.com/user/jverg/media/Misc/IMG_20131230_103716_zpsd951c6b8.jpg.html That was a warm day (30F+). Yesterday it was -22F, today -15F.
You guys are nuts! I'd have to say when I was 12 I would do the same thing. But I'd hook a sled to a 4x4 quad and sling them off my track I had. That was fun until bones got broken. Lol the good old days.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You guys are nuts! I'd have to say when I was 12 I would do the same thing. But I'd hook a sled to a 4x4 quad and sling them off my track I had. That was fun until bones got broken. Lol the good old days.
We do that on the frozen lake with Grandpa's quad too, but the boys like riding the cycles better.

Just got some ice racing screws to install for next time out.

It was really nice riding that day. Once you got going you could ride without gloves (if you were a kid and wanted to...)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Too cold to ride on the street, but the boys and I have been out riding recently -

That was a warm day (30F+). Yesterday it was -22F, today -15F.
And that is much too cold to ride. 30F+ is literally I can't feel my fingers tyle of deal. Even with a good amount of gear... its literally like 20 the windchill will break right through my jacket I got from. It's not the thickest jacket but... I would feel the cold air seeping in. http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-jackets.htm

·
Registered
165 Posts
And that is much too cold to ride. 30F+ is literally I can't feel my fingers tyle of deal. Even with a good amount of gear... its literally like 20 the windchill will break right through my jacket I got from. It's not the thickest jacket but... I would feel the cold air seeping in. http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-jackets.htm
Layer up with cold-weather gear, use heated grips or heated gear. Works great, even with sub-freezing temps and wind chill in the teens.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Layer up with cold-weather gear, use heated grips or heated gear. Works great, even with sub-freezing temps and wind chill in the teens.
I want to layer up but honestly. Sometimes I'll have 3 layers on and when that final blast of wind chill hits me... I just realize it's not for me. I can't even feel my face or fingertips sometimes. It's really personal preference for me though.
I've looked into heated gloves but it's just really too bulky for the riding style on my ninja... feel me?
Like these gloves that gotta sell for http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-gloves.htm 150.. Am I really going to drop 150 on some gloves? And then look at this jacket.. Lol... 250 Gerbing 12V Heated Jacket Liner - RevZilla just ridiculous prices... Just can't afford it man lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I want to layer up but honestly. Sometimes I'll have 3 layers on and when that final blast of wind chill hits me... I just realize it's not for me. I can't even feel my face or fingertips sometimes. It's really personal preference for me though.
I've looked into heated gloves but it's just really too bulky for the riding style on my ninja... feel me?
Like these gloves that gotta sell for Motorcycle Gloves| Leather Biker Glove | Motorcyclehouse.com 150.. Am I really going to drop 150 on some gloves? And then look at this jacket.. Lol... 250 Gerbing 12V Heated Jacket Liner - RevZilla just ridiculous prices... Just can't afford it man lol.

I wear:

Dainese Bruce pants (got them for ~$300; has since been discontinued but I think the Galvestone pants are their replacement; has removable inner thermal liner making them year-round commuting pants).
Dainese Stelvio-ST gloves (got them for $150 and they're good in rain too)
Freeze-Out balaclava and inner boot liners (got them from Cycle Gear for $30 total I think. Got their glove liners too but don't need them with heated grips). There are other Freeze-Out products you can get for really cheap too if you don't want to spend a lot on base layers.

Heated Grips were $40.

Totally worth it. Don't regret any of these purchases and my riding season is extended!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Raining today and next four days. Not just a shower here and there but rain. Not complaining though because we need it out here in CA! Time to remember what I did without a motorcycle (yup....it's been that long since the last real rain).

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
AHHHHHHHhhhhhhh...I wish 4 rain....
11 ffffnnnnn inches of new snow here....
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm::banghead:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Raining today and next four days. Not just a shower here and there but rain. Not complaining though because we need it out here in CA! Time to remember what I did without a motorcycle (yup....it's been that long since the last real rain).
It did rain here in CA. I will try and ride Friday. The rain should hold off just tell I can get to work and back. Rain at night is ok with me. But it's been a long time since it's rained here. I'm glad to see it rain but I think I like the sun better. Don't we all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.