Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First & foremost, I'm glad I spent some time in the saddle of a 250 before group riding with people. Today's ride took me down a few quiet, winding back roads with a liter bike about 3 lengths behind me & even passing me at times until it came to the curves. As he's approaching the curve, I begin to notice that he's taking more of an upright, almost hesitating entry. Granted on the straights, all I heard was a whining 2 Brothers exhaust, but the corners saw the 650 surging back toward the front. Overall, today was a great riding day here in town. 80 degrees, very little wind & sunny. I'm sure my next bike (in a few years) may very well be a 6, but for now, my 650 has me grinning all the way throw the curves!

I've said once and I'll keep saying it, buying a 250 as my first bike was the best decision I could've made. I came across a new rider today on a Honda Cbr 600 & you could almost see the relief on his face when he parked the thing & got off. Said he's been riding all of a month & the guys had him up over 100 all day. I don't know about you, but triple digits after 30 days in traffic would've probably ruined my riding experience.

Be safe out here all.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Excellent report S.Blunt, and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Stay safe!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Good morning, afternoon, evening, etc

No since in starting a new thread, but I rode last night & "Mannnnnnnnnnn" or "Wommmmmmmaaaaannnnnn!" Decided to head to the riverfront and it was definitely worth it. Started much like any other night:

1. Bikes on 1 end
2. People watching
3. Custom cars and trucks cruisin' up and down the strip

As usual, local law enforcement had orders to clear the area-no problem. I move down a few hundred yards by myself and a group of bikers come down, introduce themselves and we laugh at the guy in their crew that was to cheap to fill up his bike (I hear bikes that run out of gas don't move as fast with pedal power-but I digress). They leave and a guy rides up on 1 of these
(cue the horror music).

We shoot the noise, until he asks, "Hey man what are you doing after you leave?" Hell, 845pm, not too much obviously. Dude invited me to tag along and meet a few of his Club Brothers. Little nervous, but I'm game. Adventure begins for the next hour! We hit the highway and obviously I ride a 650r so I'm 5 car lengths behind quickly, but I easily catch him in turns. We get to the destination, he tells his guys how shocked he was that I was able to keep up (granted all it takes a quick turn and he's off), introduces me to the crew and the night ends with an invite to learn more about their club and future membership. We exchange numbers and I get on my way. Good times.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Well done S.Blunt, I love hearing stories of smaller cc bikes sticking it to the larger bikes!

·
Registered
420 Posts
haha me too spooph... I watch outlaw bikers a bit too much I think. But that's awesome S. Blunt! I always get a lot of attention with my lil guy at bike nights here. Sounds like a random and fun night!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Zandit I admit, although it was fun to keep up, those guys simply ride everywhere fast! I like to open the throttle on occasion myself, but not every time I turn the key. Of course there's always one guy that doesn't have a bike hanging with the crew that makes the comment, "What's that, a twin? You should get a real bike." before offering to buy it when the other guys aren't within earshot. True story! @Spooph I'm a "square (no alcohol or drugs)" by biker/street standards, so trust me when I say I like how clubs look on their custom liter bikes with all of the ladies flocking, but I ride for the sake of riding-nothing else. @FHG2088-can't wait to catch my 1st bike night of the year myself.

Good times

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.