Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

to punish and enslave

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Delta107 
#1 ·
Before I get to what the title is all about I want to tell you about a little scare I had. I was on my way to "bike night" at Bostons Gourmet Pizza. I turned the corner to go the back way (like most bikes do because of traffic) with a couple of bikes following me. As I turned the corner the pavement goes from ass-fault to concrete back to asfault. I never saw any gravel or dirt or anything but half way throught the turn my back tire lost it. The ass end kicked out so far I probably could have seen it to my left (if I wasnt blinded by fear). Having ridden dirt bikes I simply held the handle bars in the direction I was going... or at least the direction I meant to be going, and kept my speed (rpms) constant. A moment later the rear tire grabbed and I kept going. The guy behind me (on a couch with wheels) took the corner so slow I'm suprised he kept it up.

Anyway, "to punish and enslave" I got these decals off of ebay. I had already taken my "Ninja" stickers off, now I've replaced them with these.

See less See more
#4 ·
Matrix, I haven't had any problems with the stock tires. I have about a 1/8 - 1/16 of chicken strip left on either side of around-town/commuting. I find the rear wheel is quite light under heavy breaking, and that the stock suspension takes a little to settle down (I'm thinking a few lbs heavier on the front springs and maybe up a notch up in oil), but nothing that can't be enjoyed with smooth inputs.... I won't be playing with these things for a while either, so somebody else will probably have to test it... etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.