Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home, I took an alternate route to avoid some construction. There happens to be a tight left turn that I was coming upon. Right before the turn, some SUV came flying around the corner, came 3/4 of the way into my lane. I had to ride off the side of the road and slam the brakes before the trees 15 feet away. Braking didn't go so well on sand and I went down.

The bike is scratched up all on the left side, my helmet is cracked, and my left side is killing me. Worst part, the jackass didn't even stop. Just drove away. I didn't even collect myself fast enough to turn around and get the license. Rode home and got my girlfriend to take me to the ER. Just a mild concussion, so that's good, but my bike is pretty scratched up. couple cracks I think but I haven't brought myself to inspect the damage to closely.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ps. I mean no offense to anyone who owns an SUV

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
So sorry to hear about your fall Cmorin. Some people are just asshats, and they probably didn't even look back to see if they affected you.
Glad to hear your injuries are minor, baht get back on that bike as soon as you can and find out what has been damaged more thoroughly.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks zandit.

I looked at the damage.. Not too bad.. still ride-able. Scratches is the worst of it. The clutch levers knob on the end broke off. To be honest, I think it looks better without it and it is still more than usable :thumb:

I feel a little iffy but I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure I'll be back riding in a couple days. For now, I think I'm gonna use this break to paint the windscreen!!

· Registered
2,054 Posts
Take it easy and get better soon. Such a bummer. I had a little car mess with me today. I don't think they did it on purpose just stupid. Guess we have to be wary of everyone.

· Registered
2,054 Posts
Agreed! and TRUST NO ONE!! not even your riding partner. You never know when someone will randomly change their line.:dance: The closest call recently was when TR and I almost took each other out like the two stooges. It was a joint goof up. true team work on that :)

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hah glad you two managed to escape that one. I don't have any friends in the area who ride so I tend to do all my riding alone. I actually kind of prefer it that way. Less likely to showboat or something.. Also gives me plenty of time to be alone with my thoughts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.