Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

The winter season is fast aporaching and I keep seeing reminders everywhere. Just the other day I saw 3 seprate groups, schools, packs, whatever their called, of geese flying their V formation to the lands of opportunity. Long story short this is my first season with the ninja and I want to do the storage prep right. I have read tons of treads but not really getting a clear answer.

Should I drain the tank and carbs fully or add stabilizer and fill it to max? It's gonna be stored in a heated dry area for about 5 months on a set on stands. Clearly the fill and add is easier so I want to know if it's worth it to drain everything?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated aswell!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
NTK, I too must sit out the Canadian Winter and store the bike the same way you will be. I add stabilizer, fill to the max, remove the battery to store it in the house. Cover the bike for dust and dirt. I use a rear stand only (I don't have a front) and I keep the front tire off the cement on a plywood board with a rubber pad under that. Last year I rotated the tire a couple times.

In the Spring, my room tempurature battery needs only a very short (Less than 20 minutes) go on the trickle charger and it's good to go.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The gas is the problem .5 months is a long time .I am thinking both . Add stabelizer to the fuel. Run the engine.Then drain both . It is a tough call the ethenol traps moisture and will corrode the brass jets. I spend a lot of time in spring cleaning carbs . We only have a 4 month winter.
You might want to check out stuff the boat people use to keep rust out of tanks and engines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts