Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Tire upgrade w/pics

16K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  SpazzRider92 
#1 ·
Just upgraded the tires on my 2011 Kawasaki ninja 250r to Bridgestone battlax bt003's with a 140/70/17 in the rear and a 110/70/17 in the front. My hugger won't fit anymore but i think i can modify it to work. The tires are really sticky and combined with the shock adjustment the bike is way more predictable and secure feeling. Upgrade your tires ASAP!!!!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting

See less See more
#4 ·
Great choice. :thumb:
I put BT-003's on the wife's bike, a couple years ago.... made a big difference in comfort and feel for the road. And the 140 on the rear, looked much better than the skinny stock tire.

#5 ·
zribeiro23 said:
Just upgraded the tires on my 2011 Kawasaki ninja 250r to Bridgestone battlax bt003's with a 140/70/17 in the rear and a 110/70/17 in the front. My hugger won't fit anymore but i think i can modify it to work. The tires are really sticky and combined with the shock adjustment the bike is way more predictable and secure feeling. Upgrade your tires ASAP!!!!
Switched from Bridgestone and I agree just not as smooth will be switching back!

#8 ·
Great tires! What shock adjustment?? How's the clearance with the chain guard, and swing arm?
With a 140 size tire on a stock rim there is no need for a modification, however with stock gearing the swingarm and chain guard clearance will be very close. Reducing the size of the rear sprocket will slide the rear tire back so you may obtain a slight bit more clearance. Most 140's will fit on a 3.5 inch rim, but always check with the tire manufacturers recommendation.

I currently sport a 120/70 & 140/70/17 Bridgestone Battlax BT-45. They replaced a set of 110/70 & 130/7017 Continental Conti-Go's.

Attachments

#13 ·
I use a 80 grit sand paper to scrub my tires in.
Just sand all over ur tire (specially on the sides)....
Thats ur cornering contact area....
Then just drive normally for say 100 miles.....
Don't be to aggressive on the corners at this time

#17 ·
Well to be honest, I never knew front tyres came in that size!
Couldn't tell you if it's a good idea or not.
Good luck.

#29 ·
I hear u.....:facepalm: I go threw 2 sets of tires a year...:dance: Gets expensive.....:eek: N we have winter half the year n can't ride...:facepalm:
Damn dude how many miles do you ride per year? I don't change mine near that much and that's with doing burnouts, track racing, etc. holy crap. Lol unless your buying Shenkos which get great grip but barely last.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.