Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the typical price range for swapping out your old tires and mounting new ones?
I keep getting quotes for over $80. Seems a bit unreasonable to me for 2 tires.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Can be a fairly involved process, But if you think you're getting screwed ask a male freind to get some quotes, see if that makes any difference

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I'm actually trying that out.
I'm just worried that once I get there and they see a chick, the quote is going out the window.

I got a really good quote for tires and mounting, but it was going to take them over a month to get the tires. I figured I really needed the tires so why wait. I kick myself now :-\

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
why the wait on the tyres?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
CL, that's a little high, but not unreasonable. I usually go with what Joe mentioned, remove the wheel myself, ride the bus to the kawi shop, have them mount the new tire (I'm usually out the door for less than $125 - depending on what kind of tire I get), and then back on the bus to home... :p So that's $25 or less for mounting and balancing... Just be careful they don't mount the tire backwards...

G

·
That would be kinda stupid, it has an arrow right on the tire that tells you the direction to be mounted, mine do.

And the biggest part of the bill will be the taking off/putting back on of your tires to your bike. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it myself or let the shop do it for me with my new tires.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Max, I, and the shop guys know about the arrow, but if they're in a hurry, they've put my wheel on the tire machine the wrong way, and mounted the tire the "right" way, but since the wheel was upside down, it ended up being the wrong way.... I only warn about it because it's happened to me...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up paying $70 to mount and balance my tires.
I was kinda bitter about it at first, but after seeing the poor guy struggle with the tires, I figured it was worth it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the guy was pretty small, so I guess that didn't help.
I'm a pretty small chick and even I was bigger than him.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
It's nothin' but a thing with a tire machine, a midget would have no issues.... With enough lube and practice anybody can run one of those... :p

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's ridiculous what you gays have to pay for mounting and balancing new tires.
I just pay for a new set of tires.All other stuff are included in the price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts