Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to buy a 140/70/17 tire and I was wondering if anybody knew if the tire hugger made by skidmarx would still work?? I have already checked the search boxes and looked around but has anybody found any tire huggers besides the skidmarx and a-tech?? Also if I put a bigger tire on will it mess up my jet kit at all??

· The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,855 Posts
I wouldnt think a tire size would in any way hurt your jet kit, as for some huggers, I saw some on ebay that a guy makes himself, his approval rating was 100%. I'm not at my desktop right now where I save all that information but when I get home I'll look through my fav's. He apparently does custom jobs on all kinds of bikes and fairings. We have a couple of tire articles along burried in the site so that might be of some help to you. Good seeing you again bro.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking on Ebay for quite a while for those to come up again and I dont think he sells them anymore plus they dont look all that well. I think Im going to go with the skidmarx one but Im worried about the tire size.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a Skidmarx hugger fitted ill get some pic posted soon. its pretty tight around the tire im looking at a 150/60-17 as the O.D. of this is almost identical to the 130/70-17 and a good tire quality tire ie BT-016 or Conti attack has a much rounder profile and should fit in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.