Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to buy a 140/70/17 tire and I was wondering if anybody knew if the tire hugger made by skidmarx would still work?? I have already checked the search boxes and looked around but has anybody found any tire huggers besides the skidmarx and a-tech?? Also if I put a bigger tire on will it mess up my jet kit at all??

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I wouldnt think a tire size would in any way hurt your jet kit, as for some huggers, I saw some on ebay that a guy makes himself, his approval rating was 100%. I'm not at my desktop right now where I save all that information but when I get home I'll look through my fav's. He apparently does custom jobs on all kinds of bikes and fairings. We have a couple of tire articles along burried in the site so that might be of some help to you. Good seeing you again bro.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I remember reading that the eBay guy said he guarantees his huggers will fit 150's on the 250. If they don't, send them back and he'll make it fit.

Again, going off of memory here...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking on Ebay for quite a while for those to come up again and I dont think he sells them anymore plus they dont look all that well. I think Im going to go with the skidmarx one but Im worried about the tire size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Skidmarx hugger fitted ill get some pic posted soon. its pretty tight around the tire im looking at a 150/60-17 as the O.D. of this is almost identical to the 130/70-17 and a good tire quality tire ie BT-016 or Conti attack has a much rounder profile and should fit in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what size tyre is that in the pic and is that the skidmarx hugger im waiting on my skidmarx hugger to come so ill have agood idea on what tyre to get

1 - 10 of 10 Posts