Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody remember what to do if you have a tire blowout, front or rear. Just curious...it's been a while since my last class. I think you just engine brake (make sure not to hit the actual brakes- or at least not hard) and steer to a safe stopping point.

Anybody out there know for sure. Thanks

G

·
arizona motorycle operator manual

tire failure

you will seldom hear a tire go flat. if the motorcycle starts handling differently it may be a tire failure. this can be dangerous. you must be able to tell from the way the motorcycle reacts. if one of your tires suddenly loses air react quickly to keep your balance. pull off and check the tire. if the tire goes flat, the steering will feel "heavy". a frontwheel flat is particulary hazardous because it affects your steering. you have to steer well to keep your balance. if the rear tire goes flat, the back of the motorcycle may jerk or sway from side to side. if either tire goes flat while riding : hold handelgrips firmly, ease off the throttle, and keep a straight course. if braking is required, however, gradually apply the brake of the tire that isnt flat, if you are unsure which one it is, when the motorcycle slows, edge to the side of the road, squuze the clutch and stop.

pretty simple enough rules to go by, but before anything alwys check your tire pressure and thread check your breaks lights liquids and gas : ) be a safe rider!

·
Registered
132 Posts
does it help prevent blowout if i keep my tire pressure as recommended? i just realized my tires are both 190kpa while kawi recommends 200kpa for front and 225kpa for rear.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yeah they test everything to find the best psi for the tire so factory settings with factory equip is the best way to go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got a screw in my back tire (dunlop) and there are so firm that I couldn't tell it was flat but while riding it my back tire was sliding out from under me. I thought I was leaning too much in the turns but it was the tire. I almost lost it getting on the freeway one day. Since I bought a brigestone battleax and they are much softer. I check my tires now almost everytime before getting on. Once you feel the bike get squirly, you'll swear you've shit yourself. I don't preach safty much because that would be hypocritical, but I'm telling you, check your tires.

G

·
yup yup! hey did you guys notice you guys said that their was no changes from the 08 to the 09 250r well tires are different i seen one today when i was getting my oil change at kawi ( i know yami at kawi ) shut up! anyways they have this rubber called arrow something, dont the 08 have bridgstone?

G

·
I have Dunlop on mine. And since the only major difference between the early, late 08, and 09's are the tires as far as I can tell. I personally picked mine based on what tires were on it. I like the brand and pattern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts