Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to remind everyone to make sure that you lock up your bikes. This is the time of year motorcycles are wanted the most and are unfortunately stolen the most. Chain them to something always. Wheel locks are not the answer. Bikes can be picked up and placed in vans or trucks in seconds. This being said two friends bikes were stolen just two days ago and one about a week ago. Be smart lock your wheel and use chains. Alarms help but are not going to stop most thefts

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Just wanted to remind everyone to make sure that you lock up your bikes. This is the time of year motorcycles are wanted the most and are unfortunately stolen the most. Chain them to something always. Wheel locks are not the answer. Bikes can be picked up and placed in vans or trucks in seconds. This being said two friends bikes were stolen just two days ago and one about a week ago. Be smart lock your wheel and use chains. Alarms help but are not going to stop most thefts
Crap..... I better go get my keys out of the ignition......:facepalm:
Na...........hell with it......it's been in there sence i bought it....:popcorn:
Well....cept when i get gas......:dance:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
245 Posts
True that.

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's for the heads up. Sucks to hear about your friends though.
thanks but it was their fault in a way. I lead a Facebook page of local riders in my area and had warned of this. They both said the same things from this week. They had the steering wheel locked and it was not in sight. The other had his taken while he was in the bowling alley. All in all. The thieves want it bad enough they will get it but there are ways to slow them down greatly if not stop them from making you bike theirs. The best and easiest is to chain it to immovable objects. Yes it sucks to carry a chain but it helps big time even if it's a bike rack or a street sign. Secondly is be careful where you park your bike. Always in plain sight of you or as close to it as possible is best. Areas with lots of traffic. Two way Alarms work good but are
Not perfect. GPS usually only last a few
Minutes before it is disabled by a good thief. Protect what's yours don't make it
An easy target

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
thanks but it was their fault in a way. I lead a Facebook page of local riders in my area and had warned of this. They both said the same things from this week. They had the steering wheel locked and it was not in sight. The other had his taken while he was in the bowling alley. All in all. The thieves want it bad enough they will get it but there are ways to slow them down greatly if not stop them from making you bike theirs. The best and easiest is to chain it to immovable objects. Yes it sucks to carry a chain but it helps big time even if it's a bike rack or a street sign. Secondly is be careful where you park your bike. Always in plain sight of you or as close to it as possible is best. Areas with lots of traffic. Two way Alarms work good but are
Not perfect. GPS usually only last a few
Minutes before it is disabled by a good thief. Protect what's yours don't make it
An easy target
N remember to keep it fully insired.......:thumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I hope they don't like getting far if they ride it..lol But I don't even own a lock, I mean it's a '99 EX500, if they really want it, fine, it's under full coverage insurance, I'll just get a new bike if it's stolen with the money from my insurance policy.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
OOoooo boy........:facepalm:
With the economy the way it is.......:eek:
Nnnnnnn so many out of work.....:facepalm:
Toys are an easy steal n sell.....:rolleyes:
So....ur right.......:thumb:
Better lock up the toys........:popcorn:
NNnnn i'm sure i left my keys in mine yet another nite......:facepalm:
But the zippers on the shed are down.....:dance:

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.