Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed their bar weight, off the throttle side? I snapped a screwdriver bit, trying to remove the screw on mine today.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Crushed's got it!

Get yourself an impact screw driver, you know the type that you hit with a mallet, and beat the living daylights out of it!

This is a known hiccup with the 250's. The factory made sure to keep those suckers on there till dooms day, so use greater-than-doomsday-force and they'll come off.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to replace my Craftsman ratchet bit, after breaking it today... so I guess I'll pick up two, and chuck one up in my 1/2" impact wrench.

I just have applying all that force, and watching metal shatter, above a pristine fuel tank.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
As you say, the air impact is too fast. I wouldn't say too powerful just because you need so much stinking power to get these suckers loose, but the screwdriver I posted up top only advances about 1/4 turn every time you hit it, which means it breaks the bolts loose, and doesn't keep spinning like the air impact, messing up the heads. I got mine off no marring...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.