Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bankstons Kawasaki in Daytona just got 15 brand spanking new shiny '08 Ninja 250's. I put a down payment on a green one, I want green dammit. 15 kawasaki's and not one of them green wtf is going on? So I said screw it then went to my second choice...Plasma Blue. No Plasma blue then he tells me all he got out of 15 Kawi's were Black....15 Black 250's in FL. I asked him wtf happend and obviously he doesnt care. Jim is his name and automatically I hated him lol.

So I was reading in the forums that there is no more 08's well I guess there are some out there and hell these are selling like hot cakes over here. Today I saw two of em just sitting here at the front desk where I work. Sometimes you hear them, want to grab the rider off of it, choke him then set him back on the bike lol.

What the hell is going on with this color? Nobody can find this color! So should I keep my deposit with him and keep waiting or should I go somewhere else. Again its daytona and there's dealerships on every corner.

Thanks Guys,
-John-

·
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was thinking about it and what the hell! I'll wait and get what I want, its just crazy what these venders are doing.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Do the 10 minute rule. In 10 minutes will you regret not getting the green one. I know I would have.

That said.
Black is awesome but the dirt shows like crazy and we are in Washington. Damp and dust all in one and I would have gone crazy. So if you aren't OCD on the clean look go black, they are pretty cool !

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yea but I am Nutty about it and would have to stop half way to work and clean it :)

issues yes issues :!

·
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'm extremely OCD when it comes to my personal belongings being nice and clean. My computers, telescope, T.V.'s and systems...its messed up. Especially if I spend $4,000 on something, and something i'd use everyday and cherish. I think it was felix...i'm probably wrong but they had said that the dirt would REALLY show up on a black one. I saw one today just in the lobby right out of the damn box and it was dusty and I said no damn way. So yeah i know how you feel LOL

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its a color man. Don't get hung up on color. Thats a my wife thing. I've seen, not currently, fiberglass kits on ebay for the 250 with other colors. I'd be nice to have 4 dif kits.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matador_Zen said:
Its a color man. Don't get hung up on color. Thats a my wife thing. I've seen, not currently, fiberglass kits on ebay for the 250 with other colors. I'd be nice to have 4 dif kits.
LOL @ Thats a my wife thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a black bike and a black car before. The effort to clean it is a pain no matter how much I like the machine. So, this time I chose red. Red it is. Looks hot, easier to see (safer) and most importantly it goes the fastest.....lol..

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have the option you may as well wait a bit longer and get the first green 09 250r in your town :) I heard they may be coming out soon....

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wasn't hung up on the color too much, but you know, the way i'm thinking now is that the machine is mostly for pleasure, so why not get the color you really want? I'd rather wait months and get the right color than settle and not be as happy everytime I see the motorcycle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts