Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the beginning of spring I decided to take my bike out of storage and make the 2 hour trip back home. I just happened to pick a day with 35-45 mph wind speeds. My spectacularly hot GF was nice enough to follow me home in my car and said I was at a 45 degree angle the entire time. I was blown into the other lane multiple times and was pretty much fearing for my life then entire trip. After a quick stop at Potbelly for a delicious sandwich and to change my pants from shitting them multiple times on the highway, I was back on my journey.

It sucked, I hated it, I couldn't feel my right arm (from pushing), and I almost collapsed in exhaustion when finished. BUT, I'm happy I did it. Now I feel like I am a more experienced rider and can TAKE ON THE WORLD.

I want to read about some crazy stories. Your turn.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im a noob, but oh well. Yesterday I decided to go for a ride with my BF. We usually go to this secluded area that has a lot of nice nice curvy turns. Well he has a ninja as well, and he is very good and leaning the bike. He did a knee drag already in a parking lot. Anyway I'm not as gutsy as him so, yesterday I finally decided to give it a try. I was doing really really good, not trying to go out of my comfort range, when the last time we did it before deciding to go home. I decided to try to go at it a little faster like him, Well for me doing so well before, I didn't do so well this time. This is a right curve btw. So i went into this curve good, in the other lane, took my body off the bike, started leaning, then I didn't lean low enough, so I breaked a little bit, lost control. (oh this road has confields around it and about 5ft. wide walking trails. So I didn't lean far enough, went off the road down a lil hill, while flying off the bike, rolled a million times and stopped. Walked away without a scratch!! my bike is worse. it ended up skidding across the tail and messing up the whole right side and breaking off my right foot peg along with the back brake petal.

No big deal, last night i found an exact replacement for my bike on ebay for 40 bucks. cheap fix. So now, my favorite color is orange. So now that my biked is all messed up I figured, might as well save to get it painted the color I want it. So that's my next project.

I'll post up pics some other time.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i always say if you are going to learn on a bike learn on someone elses...lol..

oh and wind gust on the road... all i can say is.... duck down,head up and ride the wind....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts