Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Lately I find myself surfing all things Ninja on the net. I read and then re-read my motorcycle magazines. I put my helmet on and just day dream. Why? Well, I live in Canada and it's Winter time, that's why. My Ninja has been parked for 3 months and 5 days. It is bitter cold outside and the snow is knee high. And then I got an idea: "This is Canada".

It has been just over a year now since I started hanging around on this site. The people who populate the forum are some of the best you'll find. Fair to say some of the best you'll find in the world. It is facinating that we can meet here from different countries all around the planet.

So, I'm starting a thread about my country up here in the Northern part of the planet. I'm going to add pics - of course - of places where Ninjas go in Canada. I want to get pics of Ninjas in front of magnificent scenery, at monuments, historical sites, and famous places. I hope that my fellow Canucks will pitch in and add their Canadiana to the mix.

AND I hope the NewNinja peeps will jump on board and start threads to showcase their home countries as well. It would be awesome to see "This is Australia" and "This is Greece" and so on, and so on.

Of course, at this point, riding season is about 2 months away, so pictures of the travelling Ninja will have to wait for a bit. In the meantime, here is a very snowy Canadain picture of my backyard. Enjoy.

·
Registered
732 Posts
South Park Canadian Arguement

Canadian #1 "Your not my Buddy, Pal" - Canadian #2 "Your not my Pal, Friend" - Canadian #3 "Your not my Friend, Buddy" - repeat over and over again.

J/K ;D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Great idea Boar, but I'm sure in Canada, as here in the states, regions are very different. You should localize your post to where you live, or are most of the time. If you go outside that region, start a different thread? If you don't like this, just shoot it down....

But I will soon start a "Rockies Region" thread and play along. Maybe this could be the basis of out "Chapters", or regional organizing and such.... You stumbled onto something good here in your moto-withdrawal....

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
True Spooph, we both live in countries with great geographic diversity. I am hoping that with folks pinned on the Members Map all across Canada, some of those differences can appear in the thread. Also, I'm hoping to get out and ride much farther this season and I think I'll be showcasing some of that diversity myself.

I look forward to checking out the Rockies Region.

I dug up a pic from last season. These are the wind farms on the North shore of Lake Erie, near Port Burwell Ontario.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry D, by "check out" I meant "look at on the forum" when Spoof - and you, I'm sure - post stuff about the (Colorado) Rockies Region. I don't plan on riding there. Not yet anyway.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Mr. Boar, how big of a hassle would it be to ride across the boarder (Canada to US), have you ever done it before?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Onslaught said:
Mr. Boar, how big of a hassle would it be to ride across the boarder (Canada to US), have you ever done it before?
I've never crossed on my bike, no. But I grew up in a border town (Sarnia Ontario, across from Port Huron, Michigan) We routinely crossed the bridge for shopping, gas, Detroit Tiger games etc. Post 9-11 crossing can be a hassle. You must have a passport now, used to get away with a birth certificate and a drivers licence. If you've got a criminal record (no, I don't) forget about it. What used to be called the worlds longest undefended border, isn't anymore.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
137 days. That's how long my Ninja has been parked in storage. No more. Mother Nature has graced us with an absurdley early Spring. So much so that I am confident there will still be a couple cold and snowy crap days before the Winter is REALLY all over. That aside, my bike will not spend a 138th day in storage. I'm bringing her home today!!!! We had lots of rain to wash the streets, rinse the Winter salt and melt the snow. Today's forecast is for 15 degrees and all sun. I'm shakin'...

·
Registered
8 Posts
ya i hear that! it was 16 degrees celcius (61 F) today in Toronto, so i took out the blue monster! had a little trouble starting it up, but finally got it. After about half hour of idling it was like brand new! Cant wait to go for my first ride of the year

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Halleluia, Born Again! Got the bike out of storage today, re-installed the battery and she started up on the second push. I was in love all over again! I got out on the road (bike was stored downtown) and headed out for some country roads. I covered about 40 kms on the 8 km ride home and had a blast. It all came back real fast. So good to be back in the saddle!!!

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.