Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might know i had to lay my bike over last saturday and i took it to the kawasaki dealership and within like 30 seconds of the looking at it he said it over 3000 bucks a damage to it, I piad 4700 and thats just the outside damage. Im thinking that they just might go ahead and total it so what i might do is take the check they give me and buty this car from this guy at work, its a 98 honda accord with 96k and cold air intake and an exhuast that sounds amazing and hes selling it for 3000...but idk about that, i might just get a bigger bike because cars just dont give me that freedm and exhileration that riding motorcycles do i dont care how fast the car might be...any thought?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hehe...time to make myself very unpopular...

If it's one or the other, get the car. It's more practical, you can put stuff/people in it, it shelters you from the cold and rain and it's safer.

Bikes are alot faster, way more fun and generally just cooler overall. But I wouldn't choose one over the practicality a car gives me. This is just my situation though, and yours may be completely different to mine.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Please tell me those skater shoes aren't your riding shoes Joe? Do I have to have the safety talk with you?

As for the original question I would go with a motorcycle you live in teas. Now if you live where in consistently rains, snows, or really really windy then I would focus on a car, then get a bike.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Its understandable that you'd want a car after a motorcycle accident, many people do just that, my uncle bought his first supra just after a head on collision with a drunk driver. I would'nt however, go with an accord, just a suggestion...ugh honda's lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not that im scared after my wreck its just that theyre probably going to totalt it anyways and i dont want to try and sell it one day with a salvage title...that exaclty what i wear when it gets cold here, but yeah it nice warm and sunny here in south east texas for about 10 months a year haha

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
screamin demon said:
its not that im scared after my wreck its just that theyre probably going to totalt it anyways and i dont want to try and sell it one day with a salvage title...that exaclty what i wear when it gets cold here, but yeah it nice warm and sunny here in south east texas for about 10 months a year haha
Thats good to hear, cars are nice, you'll most likely start to miss the bike though on those days that look gorgeous! And Zartan is right...subie lol. You just cant beat 'em up!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
how much are subies in america?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have not had a car in years . I am an auto Mechanic so I get them free and still wont have one . Like having a thief in the house . You never know when you money will disappear. I live in Baltimore . I ride in ice snow rain and HOT weather all gear all the time . But. I need a four wheeled thing to haul my bike to the race track.

I would get a van or pickup if I where to go four wheel in. That way you can carry your bike and gear to cool riding locations like deals gap or something like that.

Sucks about your bike . I need a salvage title bike . But I need the stupid van also .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts