Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't help it, I think this needs it's own topic. (special thanks to hi-tech) the back story: http://www.newninja.com/off-topic/do-people-laugh-at-your-ninja/45/

Ok, now you guys got me laughing at my ninja. LOL, seriously I'm laughing out loud, haha. ;D I can't stop smiling.

I was joking with hi-tech, then I just took the old ninja out for a ride to run it a little since I haven't ridden it in like 2 1/2 months and fill the tank up cause it was on E, and it was sooo funny. It was like I stole a little 3 year old's tricycle and rode off on it, I'm still laughing, sorry guys, haha. I have to admit that it makes me feel like I'm on a Mickey Mouse ride at Disneyland. haha I still took it up to 100mph, oops and I forgot it didn't have a plate/tags on it when I got 5 miles down the road.

You just have to picture me in full gear riding a little girl's tricycle, maybe pink, that would make it funnier, with those white/pink streamers coming out the handlebar ends. haha ;D I thinking to myself, this feels so weird, sitting way low and upright, arms stretched out, using the throttle to adjust the idle so it won't knock off, wow so different. I'd forgot how to ride it, but still can and did.

It's official, when you move up, there's no going back. I knew that before I even got back on it, just proving a point and sharing with everybody else.

·
Registered
141 Posts
you just had to rub it in all the 2fiddy riders faces huh? haha...and those underage ppl(i.e. me).
you do have one sick ass bike tho

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Tibbs911 said:
you just had to rub it in all the 2fiddy riders faces huh? haha...and those underage ppl(i.e. me).
you do have one sick ass bike tho
Dito

Why do you have to pick on us? What have I ever done to you? Nothing that right. Gosh!
the pink bike is already in the work for Felix.lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know I still love my 2fiddy peeps, and I'd like to see a pink 250 version with streamers and a Hello Kitty emblem on the side.

·
Registered
141 Posts
MadMax said:
You know I still love my 2fiddy peeps, and I'd like to see a pink 250 version with streamers and a Hello Kitty emblem on the side.
haha i would love to see that! plus i wanna see the pink version of felix's zx6r!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
MadMax said:
Maybe you forgot about Indie's attempt at humour with my bike!!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Max, yes, the power is addicting, and I guess this is where we differ, because I did go back to the 250, and so did X, and a few others on here. One day you'll understand the saying: "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow".

Now don't get me wrong. Enjoy your bike. You're bike is freekin cool, and I'd love to take one like yours for a spin, but to live on day-to-day, to take on long trips, to maintain, etc, I'd rather have the 250. To me, the 250 is not just a great little bike, it's a wrencher's dream. Everything is quite simple, and at the end of the day, I have a bigger grin on my face than with a big bike...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree with Spooph. While most will move on and never look back, some of us choose to remain faithful to our 250's. To much push in this country that if something is good than it has to be bigger to be better and that will equal more fun. Excuse me if I don't buy into that one !

·
Registered
277 Posts
spooph said:
Max, yes, the power is addicting, and I guess this is where we differ, because I did go back to the 250, and so did X, and a few others on here. One day you'll understand the saying: "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow".

Now don't get me wrong. Enjoy your bike. You're bike is freekin cool, and I'd love to take one like yours for a spin, but to live on day-to-day, to take on long trips, to maintain, etc, I'd rather have the 250. To me, the 250 is not just a great little bike, it's a wrencher's dream. Everything is quite simple, and at the end of the day, I have a bigger grin on my face than with a big bike...
I was trying to think who said that first on this forum and although I don't think it was you Spooph, I'll reference you as far as this post is concerned.

I am of the personal opinion (just as you posted yours, not trying to flame anyone here) that it in fact is NOT more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow, because honestly, a slow bike is still a slow bike. I love cruising along at the speed limit, but I love having the knowledge that at any second I could be doing 90 in first, if I ever wished to test the rev limiter...

I have also heard of people saying to "keep the 250 if you commute because it's easier to zip through traffic". My personal experience in the matter: the 250 is too slow to confidently move through traffic. My 600 falls on itself almost as easily as my 250 (to my recollection), but has over 3 times the power on tap... Being able to roll on the throttle and go from 35-60 in a second (what seems like a second anyways) is confidence inspiring, knowing you don't need an extended amount of space to pass some assclown who's not doing the speedlimit.

Throttle Rocket said:
I agree with Spooph. While most will move on and never look back, some of us choose to remain faithful to our 250's. To much push in this country that if something is good than it has to be bigger to be better and that will equal more fun. Excuse me if I don't buy into that one !
While I am quite aware of the American mind-set that bigger is better, I also don't agree. I think that a 4 cylinder 250 would be sick, but the 2 cylinder version is just too slow IMO. I went to a 600 and don't regret not buying a 1000 or a 'Busa. I am perfectly happy with my middle-weight and have absolutely no intention of selling it. Hell, this is the first thing I have EVER owned that I didn't want to modify everything I could get my hands on. I did a fender eliminator and a slip on (custom, of course) and have no future mods planned... This bike suits me perfectly.

Also, it is in the opinion of this man that one should never say never. ;) I was content with my 250 until I rode my friends hoopty-R6. I fell in love with the power then and there, and knew that ignorance truly is bliss. If you don't know what you're missing, you're not missing anything. As soon as I rode the 600 and felt the power I had to go buy a 600, and I did.

Again, no offense meant to anyone, and I welcome and look forward to your responses!

Travis

·
Registered
34 Posts
1. Its not the size of the engine that makes a motorcycle fast... it's the rider.

2. The average Joe cannot ride a 600cc bike to it's full potential.

3. This thread has squid written all over it :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
Having come from a 600 i can relate. At times I do miss the raw power, however I do have more fun on my 250. After all isn't that what riding is all about. And Ellis you are right, most riders do not have the experience to ride a 600 to it's full potential, including myself.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I fully agree with travis, unless you know what you are missing you arent missing anything.

alot of people say they wont upgrade and will never ride anything but the 250, now im not dissing you in any way shape or form,

but... if you seriously consider another bike and rode another bike, trust me you wont look back. its not a matter of love for the 250 or the fact that its "too small"

Its the fact that you cant drive a ford pinto forever! eventually youll want to upgrade to a mustang.

and not just the power is at a loss, the quality of fit and finish is worlds apart from my Z. there is just so much more quality put into a bike that you paid more for. everything fits nicely and is well made. not to say the 250 isnt well made, but they slacked in alot of areas that could use improvement. ie the tail light flapping around. and the velcro holding the upper tail onto the tail light... so cheap. whereas the tail in my z is so sleek and looks like it grew there. no wiggling or anything.

again i can say this stuff i used to own one, so dont come at me like i didnt folks. i had 6500 miles on it when i traded it in, so you cant say i didnt give it a chance either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm going on 6000 miles with my 250. I don't see myself selling it anytime soon. I'm not saying that I never will get a bigger bike.. yes I will. However, I know that I'll always be able get back on, and appreciate a 250.

Crushed, I also have ridden larger motorcycles. In fact, more 'motorcycle' than your z1000 will ever be :p! I just took my father's MV Agusta Brutale 910R out for a spin the other day. Yes, there is power. Yes, it does feel rather exhilarating. But, I still will hop on my 250 and love it! It does not feel any less of a motorcycle... like you were so surely trying to plant into everyone's mind (with all the pink tricycle nonsense)!

Don't worry guys. Crushed is just regretting selling his 250 :p

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hey man i got nothing but love for the 250 i had one it served its purpose and now its gone, much like all of my ex girlfriends,

but having said that, i never called it a pink tricycle. that my friend wasnt me.

and i dont regret selling it. not for one second.

I am glad you still enjoy yours and I hope you keep it as long as you want to, but I felt the need and i made the move and like madmax, i will never look back.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You guys are completely correct: most riders will never be able to fully utilize 1000, much less a 600.. But, you don't get better if you have no competition. ;) I was outriding what the 250 could provide me with.

I had 5100 on my 250 when I sold it, and I've put 5200 on my 600 in the last 2.5 months. Honestly, I won't and don't miss the 250. This has been a good change for me.

Like Crushed said though, if your 250 still "does it" for you, I applaud you. Get your kicks anyway you can on whatever you've got.

Enjoy your ride, because I'm enjoying mine!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good point Travisty. I go back and forth all ths time weither or not to get a 600 again, I do miss the power at times. Sadly I'm not sure if I could afford to keep my 250 if I did. I know I would miss it because I love being able to round the throttle in the twisties!! Let me see anyone w/ a 600 or larger do that, you guys that have rode or are riding a larger CC bike know what I mean. It's just so much fun being able to do that!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts