Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first race of the 2012 season is April 28. It will be the inaurgural event in Wilmington Ohio. For directions and info go to East Coast Timing Association.

I will be there to run my bike. I have rebuilt everything from the frame up. New body 265cc engine and the Wizards of Nitrous system. For the April race I will not be using nitrous. I will be doing base line testing. I will use nitrous in June .

So of you are in the Wilmington area stop by . 10 dollars gets you a front row seat to the wildest hot rod show ever.

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my go pro camera set up so it will record the dash. That way I get engine rpm ,shift rpm and speed with a timer running. It is mounted just over the right fork tube under the shield looking down the track.

It is part of my data collection. Every run will get a video.

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had a lot of fun with this little bike. I have gone places and done things I only dreamed about before. If you read the first couple pages of my modifications list thread. I had no idea where this was going.

· Registered
674 Posts
Just back from Ohio. The bike did great. 109.5 three times . I can get a little more out of it with some careful tuning. But I am happy with the results. The weather was very bad .Raining and cold the whole time.

Dark Horse Racing Ohio Mile 2012 - YouTube
Congrats! Even better than you expected!

How did you like the track (layout/condition) compared to Maxton?

I'm amazed the speedo is that accurate at that speed with the different tires - looks right on.

Jay

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Ohio mile is fabulous. The welcome we received from the town of Wilmington was enough to bring tears to my eyes.
The Koso dash is programmable to the millimeter.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Funny how that link goes directly to your bike X!! Very convienient!!

Nice work bud!!

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same as it has been for the last five years. 125 mph on a 250 ninja. I am going to develop better nitrous system also .

To do this I am taking the summer off from the mile. I am going to go to the 1/4 mile every other weekend and try to get 13.99 all motor and 12.0 with nitrous.

· Registered
5,699 Posts
Funny how that link goes directly to your bike X!! Very convienient!!

Nice work bud!!
That would be because in the URL it specifies which page to go to, and X's pictures start on page 82...

X, brilliant fotos, that looks like a hoot!

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saved the picture in the link.
There are much better photos from Sunday. I use these photos to look at my riding position. Things are different at 110 then they are on the stands in the garage. Getting my back flat and my elbows in front of my knees is what it is all about.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
That would be because in the URL it specifies which page to go to, and X's pictures start on page 82...

I think I need to work on my online sarcasm!!! :p
But thanks for pointing that out Spooph, I never would have realised that!!!:facepalm::thumb::hide:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.