Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after working for almost 3 weeks straight I get a couple days off. Me and some of the guys i work with decided to make a trip to the "Ring". I rode in a nice new GTI VW to get the feel of what i was getting myself into. We pull of the track so i can grab my bike for the second go. The next 30 min were the most punishing 2 laps, yes 2 laps, i have ever taken any motorcycle on. I consider myself pretty physically fit and i was completely exhausted after 2. The last one i took a break and rode in mark 3 golf for the 4th lap. I felt better after wreaking a dirt bike. Could not be happier though. Pics and videos to come.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Very nice Koel, really want to see some video of that!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There will be no video from the bike unfortunately. It was such a last min thing that i did not get the camera ready. The only video ill have is the ones from the car when the others get it off there cameras. Next time. I should have an action shot here soon.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Absolutely wonderful Koel! Yea, I'm jealous too! One day... too bad about the video... So here's the most important question: When are you going back?

Also, JT, they make Pilot Powers in ninjette sizes?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Absolutely wonderful Koel! Yea, I'm jealous too! One day... too bad about the video... So here's the most important question: When are you going back?

Barely. The smallest they make is the 150/60/17. I want to go with a larger tire, but I know 150/60 is pushing the limits of the stocker 3.5" rim.... So I'm still on the fence. I've heard nothing but great things about the Pilot Powers so I really want! I may just sacrifice my love for the Pilot Power and rim a smaller tire. 140/70/17 sounds like the more solid choice - but now to find the right tire.

I want something super grippy (absolutely willing to ditch durability to have the grip) but since I do a large portion of riding in a straight line/highway... I also wouldn't mind having a dual compound. But like many before me have said "There's not a large selection!"

Anyway, here's the Pilot Power:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/6164/ITEM/Michelin-Pilot-Power-Rear-Tire.aspx[url]http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/6164/ITEM/Michelin-Pilot-Power-Rear-Tire.aspx[/URL]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Soon hopefully. Work is kinda nuts right now but i man go again in another couple of weeks maybe. Will have a camera the next time.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Barely. The smallest they make is the 150/60/17. I want to go with a larger tire, but I know 150/60 is pushing the limits of the stocker 3.5" rim.... So I'm still on the fence. I've heard nothing but great things about the Pilot Powers so I really want! I may just sacrifice my love for the Pilot Power and rim a smaller tire. 140/70/17 sounds like the more solid choice - but now to find the right tire.

I want something super grippy (absolutely willing to ditch durability to have the grip) but since I do a large portion of riding in a straight line/highway... I also wouldn't mind having a dual compound. But like many before me have said "There's not a large selection!"

Anyway, here's the Pilot Power:
[URL="http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/6164/ITEM/Michelin-Pilot-Power-Rear-Tire.aspx"][URL]http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/6164/ITEM/Michelin-Pilot-Power-Rear-Tire.aspx[/URL][/URL]
I can't remember what pilot style I have on the 250, but they are great, and I will definately be fitting a pair to the 650R when they are worn.
My rear tyre is a 130/80/17, and is quite tall, which has screwed up the rear hugger, but I love it!!

Sorry Koel!!

Same ol', Same ol'!!!!:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't remember what pilot style I have on the 250, but they are great, and I will definately be fitting a pair to the 650R when they are worn.
My rear tyre is a 130/80/17, and is quite tall, which has screwed up the rear hugger, but I love it!!

Sorry Koel!!

Same ol', Same ol'!!!!:D
The picture made it all worth it. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.