Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Didn't see a trip planning section, but this thread will be updated with the final RR as well, once I do it....

Gokay, so, I've always wanted to do the dragon. With the 250 rally being held there this year I thought it an excellent opportunity to see the Dragon and the Appalachian mountains. Also, being that The Dragon is much closer to Shady Lane than Colorado, and she has repeatedly invited me to come visit, I thought I'd stop there on the way.... In addition to that, I might as well ride through as many states as I'm able to fill out my StatesTraveled map: Visited States Map by epgSoft, and see some famous cities, stopping to meet Elvis on the way (I am a massive fan). Hopefully I will also be able to snag a few small IBA's on the way and get some recognition for my riding: IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders

Right, Epic road trip of biblical proportions shaping up....

What I have to do:
- Budget for 2 weeks of travel (I will only be request 11 days off work, but it's nice to have a buffer)
- Prep the bike (Seat, Performance enhancements following this thread, and possibly a new chain/sprockets and tires right before the trip)- Fill out gear a bit more - bicycle shorts, possibly rain gear
-To get a GPS, or to go about it the old fashioned way.... $$$ vs. convenience.

What I have done:
- Map out the trip
- saved up some money
- acquired all other gear/luggage/tools for the trip.

Right, it's time to get cracking! Any motorcycle modifications will be written up in the build thread. Any trip planning will be added here.

Here is the constantly expanding and evolving map I will be traveling:
250 Rally - Google Maps

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I haven't been keeping these posts updated, I'll try and catch up, but I'll be leaving tomorrow morning at 6am for 9 days and 4,000+ miles of 2-wheeled therapy. If you don't see me around, I'm probably out riding or massaging my butt...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Good luck Spooph, And have fun you lucky bugger!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I saw spooph !!! :) :)

He arrived here Sunday night, we spent Monday morning doing some running around and maintence on the bike... fresh oil, new chain, some down time here in Cincinnati and I even got to take him on a quick ride of the city, over the Ohio River on the ferry, lol, and fed him some Skyline chili.

He is a trooper, a lot of miles down so far and a lot more miles to go. He is rested and back on the road now :)

It was a delightful visit and I'm so glad to have gotten a chance to hang out with him and get to know him a little better. Such a pleasure and a really fun guy :)

He wil post up some updates and pictures when he gets the chance.

go spoophy !!! you are DOING it !! Keep on keepin on :dance::thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Great news Guys, thanks for the update Shady!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Shady- Spooph is the bomb!! Glad you guys got to meet face to face!!
yes, he was very cool, nice, and sweet. !!

A friend of mine made me worry just before he got here. (since I had never actually Met him.. )

When Spooph was about an hour away, I had to text him and ask if he was a killer.. lmao.. (he said no, lol)

Then we decided that after riding all that way, he would be too tired to kill anyone anyway, so I just made him dinner, and put him to bed.. .. lol

;)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Smart move about the texting since killers have that code of conducts : Must answer every question and text or emali with HONESTY . It is a thing with them ;) haha!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Smart move about the texting since killers have that code of conducts : Must answer every question and text or emali with HONESTY . It is a thing with them ;) haha!
yes yes, true story.. lol..

so my next attempt was to show my buddy a video of spooph.. but i could tell he was just looking at the background of the video at spooph's well organized garage..(he's a tool guy.lol) and he then pointed out that many serial killers are extremely well organized..

speaking of which.. spooph had to organize my garage before he could work in it.. lmao, i'm just remembering this now.. he had to take all my stray tools and attachments that were scattered around the garage and put them away before he could start to use any of them..
ha ha.. love you spooph..

lesson learned.?. not ALL well organized people are serial killers.. :facepalm:

·
Registered
274 Posts
quick update on spooph's behalf..

just randomly got to talk to him about something on my bike.. so now I know this.

he had a GREAT time at the tail of the dragon, and is heading back toward home now. (I'm sure with a big smile under his helmet :))

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well Spooph finally made it to the Gap. We were all waiting on his arrival.We knew he was on a long journey so we did not want to disappoint. I have to say he was on fire!! LOL (literally) but I'll let him tell you all about it.

This was by far the best time I've had riding with a group of riders that enjoyed the hell out of their little bikes. The Ninjas got a lot of attention over the weekend. It's a rare sight when you see a gang of them anywhere!

Spooph is an awesome cat. I'm glad to have finally met him. Dude has got energy for days.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! So many compliments! Thanks everybody! It really was a hoot! I am safely at home, with a very tired and broken body and bike.... Please give me a few days to work through all the media and put it all together.... Boy, have I got a story for you!

Also, a preliminary thanks to everybody I met on the trip. I didn't meet a single un-cool person, and it was a hoot hanging out with the NN peeps (Shady and Ghost), and all the others from the others forums! I can't thank you people enough, you were fantastic, and the help I received was a life saver - literally in some instances! But a proper thank you and recognitions will come at the end of the report.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.