Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a test ride on a 2012 zx10r i currently own a 2005 zx10r and thought the new one looks beautiful so maybe time to trade up but ...
The new one is so smooth I wasn't impressed its quick and a lovely bike comfy too but it just doesn't have anywhere near the same feel as mine on a track I'm sure it's quicker but feels slower the 04/05 is known as the beast model and it does feel like a race bike put on the road the newer kicks you in the teeth when you open it up from low revs all the way the new one just doesn't do that at all and this one had a power commander and tosh I pipe so not standard to anyone who has never risen an 04/05 zx10 try and get a go on one you will not be disappointed I also test rode the aprilia rsv4 today as well and that felt a bit more like mine with the kick but still not as good so my conclusion is I'm keeping my bike lol as I say lovely bike the new zx10 but like all the new ones they seem to have smoothed them out too muck lost the brutal side do everything too well where as the 04/05 makes you fell alive

·
Registered
16 Posts
twelvepointhead said:
Just had a test ride on a 2012 zx10r i currently own a 2005 zx10r and thought the new one looks beautiful so maybe time to trade up but ...
The new one is so smooth I wasn't impressed its quick and a lovely bike comfy too but it just doesn't have anywhere near the same feel as mine on a track I'm sure it's quicker but feels slower the 04/05 is known as the beast model and it does feel like a race bike put on the road the newer kicks you in the teeth when you open it up from low revs all the way the new one just doesn't do that at all and this one had a power commander and tosh I pipe so not standard to anyone who has never risen an 04/05 zx10 try and get a go on one you will not be disappointed I also test rode the aprilia rsv4 today as well and that felt a bit more like mine with the kick but still not as good so my conclusion is I'm keeping my bike lol as I say lovely bike the new zx10 but like all the new ones they seem to have smoothed them out too muck lost the brutal side do everything too well where as the 04/05 makes you fell alive
Agree with you on this one matey, I had the 05 zx10, and it was mental, changed it for the underseat model d6f, and it was slower, put a two brothers straight exhaust, power commander and got the throttle bodies done, and it could not stay with the 05, bought a 2010 green and white model, and you have to keep he lit up to get the grunt, in my eyes it is slower than both my old models, I took the new one for a spin at the road show, and found it worse than my 10 plate, my mate ended up buying one, and we had a race, the two of us do track days and I would say evenly matched in riding skill, and there was no difference between the two bikes, now I love Kawasaki, but feel they need to get back to the race style they always had. Lets break the 200bhp Kawasaki, before we all end up riding BMW

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I highly recommend the 05 zx10 I havnt riden a BMW though but I think it's pretty much the same thing does everything too well and very smooth the 05 zx10 is an animal and I've riden all the 1000s apart from the BMW or the duke as it happens but I personally don't like dukes anyway but none of them compare to the 05 zx10 they might well be quicker on a track but they don't feel it and surely that's the point isn't it? I mean there all quick and good but for thrills and plain lunacy you can't beat an 05 zx10

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
twelvepointhead said:
Well I highly recommend the 05 zx10 I havnt riden a BMW though but I think it's pretty much the same thing does everything too well and very smooth the 05 zx10 is an animal and I've riden all the 1000s apart from the BMW or the duke as it happens but I personally don't like dukes anyway but none of them compare to the 05 zx10 they might well be quicker on a track but they don't feel it and surely that's the point isn't it? I mean there all quick and good but for thrills and plain lunacy you can't beat an 05 zx10
I know what you're saying basically newer doesn't mean better ,but for me it's the advancement in brakes and suspension etc which is why id choose a newer bike ,I rode my mates 55zx10r with power commander full arrow factory trumpets air filter and yer it was def a beast but newer 1000 with all the same mods is def gonna be quicker and smoother on a track but on the road they will be better ,I remember the 10 being really nervous on the road which is why people think they are an animal but id rather have a smoother bike on the road !im not knocking the 05 because they are a beast and alot better than the undersear models that proceeded them and will keep with most modern stuff in a straight line I just like a solid planted feel to my bike,I might even stay on a 600 and just upgrade you never know ,will see what the new bikes are like in a couple of years !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do and as far as suspension goes your probably right but I have got full racing ohlins suspension on mine which made it feel better than the new one I found it a bit bouncy but I havnt riden a standard 05 one for quite some time

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
twelvepointhead said:
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do and as far as suspension goes your probably right but I have got full racing ohlins suspension on mine which made it feel better than the new one I found it a bit bouncy but I havnt riden a standard 05 one for quite some time
Full ohlins .....now you're just showing off haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that's right you need the whole package I must admit I haven't changed my brakes but there ok back ones not great but actually I thought the back brake on the new one was shit but the front definitely had more bite

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
twelvepointhead said:
Yeah that's right you need the whole package I must admit I haven't changed my brakes but there ok back ones not great but actually I thought the back brake on the new one was shit but the front definitely had more bite
I'm waiting for my ebc hh pads to turn up ready for my trackday next month I'm hoping to get some braided lines by then to but I also need a new lid lol

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
twelvepointhead said:
New lid nice I've got a thing about crash helmets i would buy a new one every month but the mrs has none of it lol
Yer it does get political lol I've got a nice Matt white agv but its been signed by most of the 2012 bsb riders so don't want to keep wearing it so I'm gonna get a shark Scott redding replica !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice :) and yeah don't blame you for not wanting to wear it I've got an arai John Reynolds rep the limited edition silver blue and yellow one I want the hjc Ben spies rep helmet the monster one but gotta convince the wife I need it lol

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
twelvepointhead said:
Nice :) and yeah don't blame you for not wanting to wear it I've got an arai John Reynolds rep the limited edition silver blue and yellow one I want the hjc Ben spies rep helmet the monster one but gotta convince the wife I need it lol
My cousin has that Ben spies one cost him £450 it's nice !

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.