Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used one yet? I was wondering how they hold up. My wife is tired of burning her legs (thru her Levi's), on the hot black gas tank this summer.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Damn! I guess it gets really hot down there in AZ, eh? What about a tank bra? Do they even exist for the 250?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Sorry Kurt but I'm confused, how is your wife burning her legs? On the tank on a hot day? ATGATT, or is she a squid??!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No squid. Bike sits outside in the sun, on a 110 degree day, and it burns right through her Lucky Jeans. Kinda been a bummer, and has kept her from riding most of the summer.

BG, thanks for the pics... that is the cover I was looking at, on-line. But Targa doesn't show a decent picture of it. I'll show her the pics of yours, and see if that will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Kurt, I take it your wife is short and slides down and sits right up on the tank. I really like the tank cover. It helps prevent scratches on the back half of the tank, but to be honest any material will be hot if you touch it at 110 degrees. The bra is made of thick vinyl with a nice felt backing. Have you considered an half bike cover to help keep the sun of of it?
BTW Bike Shorts help alot.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's been asking about a cover... Anyone have a decent half-cover, that doesn't blow away, with the first breeze?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wife won (as usual). I ordered the Nelson-Rigg half cover, like the one in the photo above. It folds up tight enough, to stow under the seat. Thanks ya'll.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts