Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been spending some time looking for a tankbag that is a good backpack as well. It also needs to be strapped not just magnetic.

Haven't had a lot of luck, but I thought I would show my findings so far. Please feel free to add.

Firstgear Laguna Gps Tank Bag With Backpack - $159.95

Icon Urban Tank Bag - $95

Alpinestars Aero Tank Backpack - $189

Scoyco Racing Expandable magnetic tank bag /backpack - $39.95

Felix

·
Registered
260 Posts
Motocentric Mototrek 19. easily converts to backback, plenty of space, optional bladder system. It says that it is also strapped, but I haven't seen how yet. Used mine for the first time yesterday and loved it, lots of storage, but not too big to get in the way. I paid $72

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motocentric Mototrek 19. easily converts to backback, plenty of space, optional bladder system. It says that it is also strapped, but I haven't seen how yet. Used mine for the first time yesterday and loved it, lots of storage, but not too big to get in the way. I paid $72
Any chance of a pic of it on the bike with the flap open?

question - what about a tank bag big enough to hold a backpack?
Was thinking this as well, but that means an increased size... you see the tank I've got to work with isn't massive. I was also thinking about getting a backpack and converting it to a tank bag.

Has anyone ever tried one of the tank bags that has a quick mount bracket bolted to the gas cap ring?

I have been sort of looking at those... there appears to be about 3 different manufacturers offering them..
Nope, seen them online, but never seen someone using them.

Felix

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a tank bag that i used for taking lunch & other thihngs to work i used the axio tank bag and along with the tail bag. After getting tired of taking it on and off i went to just a backpack. I have been using my motorcycle every day for the last 800 days. (yay sunny california!) and a tank bag or backpack is not the way to go. It will scratch the clear coat. and i was tired of wearing the backpack and throwing everything i needed over my shoulder. If you're thinking about bringing cargo with you, you should consider a givi top case or something like it. Here is what i did and it was the best thing i have ever done with the bike!

[url]http://www.newninja.com/forums/f108/givi-top-box-mount-5428.html[/URL]

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Few more bits of info... going to have a top box, saddle bags, plastic fuel tank and pillion...

So backpack is a no go. Need something that I can just unclip and go.

As for scratches... I've already dropped the bike 3 times :p

Felix

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah, I just looked at your pics. That IS one small tank... you might have some issues. Although it really depends on how wide the tank is. My bag has four magnets, I only use three of them. the two side ones will go straight down if you need them too, you fold them up under the bottom when not in use.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what about the pannier bags from Wolfman? The ones that hang on the side of the gas tank, as opposed to a tank bag?
How do you use those as a backpack?

I have the MotoCentric MotoTrek 14 Tank Bag, which is a little smaller than the MotoTrek 19. It too is a back pack.
That looks pretty good! Thanks Ghost.

Could it attach with straps instead of magnetic's?

Looking at Wolfman Express tank bag, you can add straps to it.

I really like the A* Tech backpack, if I could turn it into a tank bag that would be sweet!

Felix

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Blueghost! Any chance of some pics of the inside of your bag? With maybe something like a DVD case in it for reference?

Being smaller than the 19 it might work with my tank better.

Felix

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.