Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've posted something like this before but I still can't figure out what I need to get my integrated tail light working. I bought a tail light that has turn signal capabilities as well but I am not sure why my integrated turn signals aren't working when I connect them to the bike. Below is the light I bought, the two yellow wires connect to the turn signal wires and they work because when I turn on the (left) signal they light up (left side only as it should), front and back, but don't blink. Same for right side. I've had people suggest diode mods, flasher relays, and resistors, but I thought diodes were for all four signals blinking and resistors were for fast blinking, so that narrows it down to a different flasher relay. Below are links to my aftermarket front signals and the integrated tail light respectively. My front signals work fine with the stock rear signals btw, it's just when I try to switch to integrated signals that I have a problem. Maybe this is trial and error, and maybe it is hard to get a definite answer without showing you everything, but thought I'd throw it out to see if I could get some help. Thanks a lot.

Carbon Clear Flush Mount Turn Signals for Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha | eBay

Integrated LED Taillight Turn Signals Kawasaki Ninja 250R EX250 2008 2012 Smoke | eBay

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Primarily, your issues come down to current draw. Your front indicators are still using standard globes, however the rears are all LED's.
Since the current draw of the LED's are much lower than the fronts, the system believes the globe is blown, so the front indicators stays on to inform you there is an issue.
As mentioned, you will need an LED compatible Flasher Relay which is located behind the plastic panel under the left side of the seat. This should fix the problem.

·
1,458 Posts
Zandit said:
Primarily, your issues come down to current draw. Your front indicators are still using standard globes, however the rears are all LED's.
Since the current draw of the LED's are much lower than the fronts, the system believes the globe is blown, so the front indicators stays on to inform you there is an issue.
As mentioned, you will need an LED compatible Flasher Relay which is located behind the plastic panel under the left side of the seat. This should fix the problem.
Well said zandit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I agree, very well said. I got an EP-34 flasher relay (Tridon) and nothing comes on now. It has three prongs while the connector for the relay only has 2. I'm stuck at this point. Again, nothing comes on, it doesn't even click. I'm assuming I bought the wrong type of relay or something, but any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.