Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was learning how to ride the twistys up by lake havasu, but then the bust came in! so mad! anyways i found a cool little turn around my hood, its a empty street no houses or cars its like a loop kind of like nascar haha gay i know but thats just as far as my officer will let me go...orders are orders. anyways i was told that when you hit the turns you should prepare yourself for it keep the throttle open do not let go swing the bike over and have half your cheek on your seat and dive your head into the turn and look in the directing you wanna go...so i got all that down the cheek, throttle blah blah but i cant seem to dive my head in maybe cause im going about 40-45 mph on the turn maybe if i go 50 or so i can dive into it bet if i took it to 60 i would scrape knee big time! anyways i have some pics maybe comment on of my riding form is right or any tips would be helpful!.....yes i know i dont have a jacket on! but atleast i got gloves and helmet...i like to ride bare sorry!

haha these ones are just for fun, flip the birdy!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jester said:
i love the helmet shield. its sick.
haha thanks man gold shield is the way to go!

thanks! haha yeah this twisty is near my house too backroads how fast do you take the turns? i wanna try and touch the ground next time with my hand!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well he asked me for my license and registartion and insurance, i dont carry them in my pocket much less my wallet all i have is like a money clip haha i dont like to have anything in my pockets when i ride, drive or anything! so i had to open my trunk and this fool nosy as hell shines the flash light in their and sees the bag was not alot i didnt even try to hide it i knew i was cought would have been worse i bet if i tried to hide it and lie he was still a jerk about it hahaa he cuffed me and sat me down next to my bike on the floor while he called back up tested the drugs and ran up my license and stuff.... i dont have a moto license yet only a permit so i cant ride at night, but i told the guy i finished the msf course today in the morning and didnt have enough time to go to the dmv and get it changed, he believed me so he let that one go...gave me a ticket for loud exhaust, riding with norcautics, speeding going 5 over the posted limit, failure to use turn signal when switching lanesand a warning on the license went to court i didnt even fight it i didnt want it to get any worse that what it was went to jail for a few days bailed myself out and now im on probation/house arrest for 24 months..how you like that : ) hahhaa anyways this was so off topic man haha lets get back to you guys teaching me how to ride and tips, to do and what no to dos!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
house arrest for 24 months? man that blows! how are you supposed to like support yourself? are you allowed ot have a job?

anyway yeah i'm done asking questions now

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
R6, less cheek, less cheek. The rest looks fine. If you have to go faster, up it by 2 mph each time you go around... IF you can't do that consistently, practice that first... You need to know exactly how fast you go into a turn each time, for that turn if you want to improve quickly. As you up the speed by 2mph each time you go around, figure out how much to throw your weight. As you go faster and faster you'll get to a point where you actually tuck the seat in underneath your leg, where your butt is completely off the seat, and you can scrap knees quite easily....

Then, as you get used the ground flying past so fast slowly start lowering your knee... Don't get impatient, if you didn't touch, try it again, but DO NOT JERK your knee to the ground. Take a tank of gas, and your bike's range on just that corner, for like a day.... 2 days, 2 weeks... Sounds like you got the time and pay attention to how your bike feels are different speeds, lean angles.

Once rubbing your jeans raw is easy, you can start using more cheek on the seat and cranking that puppy over, because you know at point you can hang off the bike completely, which causes it to stand up a bit more, and not low side (but probably also not make the turn) and slam into something on the high side of the road.... Just be careful and work it up. If you're dead, we'll all miss you, but if you're disabled you will have to live with the knowledge that had you gone slower, you could probably still ride....

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yessa Mr. Ratty Sah!

So I tried to shave for the occasion... but alas, I am inferior (still practicing those drills myself), and have yet to erase DA CHICKEN! Oh, and the white stuff on my tires is residue from the rocks that form my driveway (no concrete here). When I pull out on the street, a few "back and forths" usually cleans the tire up nice for the to-and-from commute.... It a lot of fun though pulling in and out of a gravel pit every morning and evening. ;D

It's the only way I could get the measuring tape lined up....

For some scale

And can you tell this is a commuter? All squared off.... HAHA

Update: 10/27/2008 - So I walk into work today and glance at my tire... MMMMMM, R6, aparently I have the opposite problem you do... My left is farther than my right..... Gonna have to work on that:

Your turn Ratty

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hahaha nice thanks for the tip spooh! dope tire thread man im gonna post pics of mine my right is more worn down then my left side hahah

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here is my right side...id say im getting there ; )

the middle

my left...not so great still need to tame her

1 - 20 of 70 Posts