Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know if there was already one started on this i didnt see one.

i was wondering if it would be a good thing to use this now that i have some miles on the bike. Repsol 4T Synthetic 10W40. my buddys that i ride with put it in there bikes. and it seemed to have made them run a little smoother. but they are all on 600cc bikes that are 4 cylinder.

any input would be good.

G

·
i dont think it would be a good idea its way much thicker i mean thats the oil i use on my wrx i think reg oil is best for the bike

·
Registered
25 Posts
How many miles is "some miles" Synthetic should be ok after the break in.

postie1686 said:
i dont know if there was already one started on this i didnt see one.

i was wondering if it would be a good thing to use this now that i have some miles on the bike. Repsol 4T Synthetic 10W40. my buddys that i ride with put it in there bikes. and it seemed to have made them run a little smoother. but they are all on 600cc bikes that are 4 cylinder.

any input would be good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would think Synthetic would be ok at that mileage, seals nice and broke in at that point , but Im no mechanic, possibly call a local bike shop for more input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have about 4000 miles (60 miles short) on my bike and i just switched over to repsol 4t. from what i have noticed so far that it runs much smoother. but ill keep riding it and keep you updated on what i think of it as time goes on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would talk to a shop by my house but i hate to say it but i dont have alot of faith in any of them. and the closest kawi shop is still 50 min from my house. i had got a recall notic from kawi about a problem with the vent tube in the air box. took it to them and i marked the bolt to see if they took it apart. none were touched. they called me the next day and told me to pick it up. i found a guy at a diff shop that went above and beyond as hes a yamaha shop. but took it in and did it for me.

i am glad to read that it runs smoother that what i was hopeing to here! how does the clutch feel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys after talking with a few techs i went ahead and put the oil in. and glad i did it. ive put on 300 mile today after doing it. the engine sounds and feels smoother and the shifting is as well. i would spend the money to do this on your next oil change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yup shifting has definitely been way smoother. Ive only put on 200 miles but I've noticed substantial difference in the motor as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are going to keep this bike for the long haul, I recommend synthetics. I use AMSOIL 10w-40 motorcycle oil in mine and it works great! I have used their products for years in my cars and yard equipment, so when I bought the new bike, I put it in after the breakin period. Also put it in the wife's new car...... :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Guys at work done the service on my bike with semi-synthetic, runs alot smoother and gear changes are so much more snappyier(??is that a word???)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Coolllll!!!! I hope some one is keeping track!!! might want to publish one day!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Actually Spooph, it would be 2 years...2009-2011 is 2 years not one. and its actually just over 2 years...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts