Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was cleaning my bike today, and noticed that my back wheel's swingarm (i think that's what it's called) measurements or whatever weren't on the same notch.. one was about half a notch off. I got my tire changed recently because i got a nail in it, and i'm curious if this is an actual problem.

What should I do if it is?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The outer adjusters can shift and be a slight bit off when the axle bolt is tightened, if your not playing attention. It's not a real big deal. The best way to check for proper alignment, is to measure the distance from the center of the swingarm pivot bolt to the center of the rear axle. Both sides should be equal.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
The outer adjusters can shift and be a slight bit off when the axle bolt is tightened, if your not playing attention. It's not a real big deal. The best way to check for proper alignment, is to measure the distance from the center of the swingarm pivot bolt to the center of the rear axle. Both sides should be equal.
:thumb::thumb:

Also look at ur rear sprocket......
If one side is shiny by the side of the teeth n other side is not.....
Ur out of alignment.....:whistling::whistling:
U'll have to side swipe a small tree or a pole to smack it back in alignment....:facepalm::facepalm:

N i have an Igloo down in southern Florida for sale real cheap.....:eek::eek:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried measuring it a couple of days ago and the exhaust gets in the way... how do i deal with that.. take it off? or should i even bother measuring..

I mean.. riding on that until I change tires sounds kind of ridiculous.. wouldn't it cause uneven wear and tear on the wheel as well as the sprocket/chain like Earl said?

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
U can't go by them notches......
They are just a thing to look at to get them somewhere near close...
Measuring is the best way....
If u have a shiny side to the sprocket ur running off....
If one side is shiny, bring the opposite side back just a bit further, but not much...Check it again after u relube n run it 20-50 miles.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I tried measuring it a couple of days ago and the exhaust gets in the way... how do i deal with that.. take it off? or should i even bother measuring..

I mean.. riding on that until I change tires sounds kind of ridiculous.. wouldn't it cause uneven wear and tear on the wheel as well as the sprocket/chain like Earl said?
Go behind the exhaust when you measure. (a tape measure works best)

If you were too far off not only would you see wear on the sprocket and chain, but you would also be making a nasty racket when rotating the wheel. I doubt that a shop would be that careless when installing a rear wheel as to have it that far out of adjustment. Like a said, those adjusters can slide a tiny bit when tightening the axle nut. If you feel like it's a problem have the dealer recheck it and have them show it too you when they do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.