Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got back from bike n brawl and i saw a lot of custom bikes. fat tire kits, custom paint, led kits, and swing arm extension kits. what do you guys think about a swing arm extension look on the 250.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Like the last pic, but I think extensions are a bit of wankery really? I see the point on drag bikes, busa's and the like. Just not sure on doing it on our bikes. Also how would it effect the bikes handling?

Felix

·
Registered
379 Posts
What is the reasoning behind extending the length of the swingarm? Is it just for straight line stability or does it offer other advantages? Just curious.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Straight line stablility. Puts the bikes weight further forward for better acceleration at a loss of all the bikes other handling. Seems like a great idea.. /sarcasm :p

Drag bike.. Sure.. 250R as a drag bike.. Still don't think so..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just want it for cosmetic reasons lol. hi-tech I was also thinkin about doin that wider swingarm and wider tire but it cost 2500$ + and im low on cash ha. the local custom bike shop does the swing arm extensions for 350$ includes install.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Larger tire is going to reduce the ninjas flickable personality.
End of the day the bottom line is if your playing with the ninjas wheelbase or size, your just fucking things up for yourself.

There's plenty left to be desired in the bikes performance however.. So maybe shifting your attention is a kickin idea, mang. :p

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Eninja09 said:
I just want it for cosmetic reasons lol. hi-tech I was also thinkin about doin that wider swingarm and wider tire but it cost 2500$ + and im low on cash ha. the local custom bike shop does the swing arm extensions for 350$ includes install.
2500?!?!?! what the hell.. I was refering to like what a k14 would have... u serious?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Ratty said:
Larger tire is going to reduce the ninjas flickable personality.
End of the day the bottom line is if your playing with the ninjas wheelbase or size, your just f**king things up for yourself.

There's plenty left to be desired in the bikes performance however.. So maybe shifting your attention is a kickin idea, mang. :p
i seen bikes with a slim (yeah I said slim) body like ours and on the back the tire is wide..

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
You could prolly make any "straight" swing arm fit the Ninja. Not those new fangled, poli-alubedimum double friction cast tri-fold dihedral things that pass for swing-arms these days. Give me 3 tubes welded at 90 degree angles. That's what we call a swingarm! If I were to do it, I would go to the nearest Kawi shop with a measuring tape, and measure the Ninja 500...

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I have a question/experience, not with a bike but with my old inline skates..yes inline skates. I had them extended when I was on the speed team, although my speed increased, my handling was slim to nill. It was hard to make turns and when you really needed to stop quickly the inertia made it to where It took an extra 6-8 feet to stop.

My question is, other than the fact that we're talking about a motorcycle, would this happen with the bike?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
yes, same concept of keeping the front wheel in line with the rear wheel better and being able to carry/put down you're inertia better in ONE direction. You've got it Virt..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.