Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a quick search before posting, but haven't come across anything yet. There seems to be a noise coming from my suspension when I hit a bump. Its more of a clanking, and it's usually only with bigger ruts in the road. I originally heard it while riding with a pax, but eventually it has been happening while Im riding solo. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. It sounds like front tbh, Im not sure though, Its just a general noise, but I feel it is coming from the front, might be mistaken though. Problem is, my dealership is ridic. busy, and they HATE when I ask them anything, they generally always tell me to book an apt months ahead when I tell them that Im still under warranty.. and I dont want them to tack on any random charges when I could just wipe down the shock or something.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I'd start with cleaning the thing, and maybe on a rear stand or something, throwing your weight into the front of the bike, obviously with the front brake full on and seeing if you can duplicate the sound at all while standing still. With more info it would be easier to diagnose....

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's odd. I remember for a period of 50 or so miles when I first got the bike a similar noise when I hit a bump also persisted, until it got to the point if there was a tiny covered manhole it would make the noise.

It turned out that the flat-black fairing that covers the lower lip of your front fairing under the headlight, protecting the headlight assembly itself I assume, had about two of the bolts loose and two of the plastic inserts popped halfway out. Once I retorqued then in there, no more noise. This is a longshot, but maybe check that fairing i described as well as the one around your gauges and make sure everything is nice and tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts