Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then my headlight looks like smoke is coming out of it. It smells funky too.
It usually only happens when I have my high beams on and weather is never an issue. It happens when it's cold and hot out.

Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really sure. If I had to choose one, probably plastic.
Just smells funky.
Any idea what it is?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
check around the headlight specially where the light bulb is , make sure its not loose . maybe a wire creating a short

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Can you feel heat through the lens? And does it still look clear? It could be a faulty wire causing the globe to overheat, and the lens could be affected.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
its one of two things.

1. if you previously washed your bike or rode in the rain and didnt realize like i once did, then start your bike and when the radiator heats up smoke comes out, and can look like your head light...

2. when i had my rightside fairing off my 250 while doing my exhaust mod, i started it up and becuase the left blinker was not plugged in the wiring started to smoke and burn, i think i may be like a complete system thing, where it needs that light to complete the circuit kinda thing... but anyhoo check your bulbs and make sure they are not loose, including blinkers!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
as for me I'm not about smoke or smell as mine low-beam doesnt work at all.. only noticed today.. lightbuld burned out? does anybody know how much cost it to replace? in average?

·
Registered
656 Posts
can i put a high beam in my low beam side? I want a brighter ride for at night, I do live in the country and would rather not hit a dear, HID systems are to much money at the moment, eh even another bulb is to much money.

Riding the bike as a dd because i can't afford to fix my car, tho i would be riding it any way because i love to ride

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Audi, both the high and low beams are H7 Halogens. The reflectors are just cut differently. What does this mean to you? Well, you'd have to upgrade to an H9 (I don't know the wattage, but it's more than an H7), maybe in your high beams to get more light out of an incandescent bulb.

An HID kit works out to be about $30 for one side, that's how much I paid. The prob is you have to find somebody who will buy the other side, because they're usually sold in pairs (being that most kits are designed for autos)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts