Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new rider I have a 2003 ninja 250 and it start from the first time but when I put it in first gear it's stall I'm not sure if bc it's still cold or what I put brand new spark plugs and new battery ,change oil, clean the carb i check the vacuum I check the coolant level and everything seems fine I just wanna know if this common on these bikes or what again I'm new I might be messing up but I'm here to get some help and thanks in advance..

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Hey I'm new rider I have a 2003 ninja 250 and it start from the first time but when I put it in first gear it's stall I'm not sure if bc it's still cold or what I put brand new spark plugs and new battery ,change oil, clean the carb i check the vacuum I check the coolant level and everything seems fine I just wanna know if this common on these bikes or what again I'm new I might be messing up but I'm here to get some help and thanks in advance..
Does it have a kickstand switch?
My 2012 does n if kickstand is down it kills the machine.
If u have that...n...ur stand is up, maybe ur switch is bad.

·
Registered
245 Posts
samahabou said:
How long are you letting it warm up before you try and put it in gear?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a Ninja 750 that would do the same thing (if I'm following you correctly) after sitting for a few hours. The clutch plates would stick, and when you put it in gear (with the clutch in) it would jump forward and stall. When you restarted it, and did the same thing, it was fine.

I would put it in gear before starting it and rock it back and forth until the plates were free. I was running a regular oil at the time.

I'd try a synthetic oil and see if it helps.

Jay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jkv45 said:
I had a Ninja 750 that would do the same thing (if I'm following you correctly) after sitting for a few hours. The clutch plates would stick, and when you put it in gear (with the clutch in) it would jump forward and stall. When you restarted it, and did the same thing, it was fine.

I would put it in gear before starting it and rock it back and forth until the plates were free. I was running a regular oil at the time.

I'd try a synthetic oil and see if it helps.

Jay
That's exactly what happen with me well after its stall it didn't let me put it into N so I have to turn the key to the off position and turn it back on and it will kick to N but the oil I'm using is regular 10w 40 not synthetic but I'm Ganna try ur method and see if it work thanks..

·
Registered
674 Posts
That's exactly what happen with me well after its stall it didn't let me put it into N so I have to turn the key to the off position and turn it back on and it will kick to N but the oil I'm using is regular 10w 40 not synthetic but I'm Ganna try ur method and see if it work thanks..
It's also possible that the clutch cable isn't adjusted properly. There needs to be some gap/freeplay between the lever and the perch, but if there's too much it won't disengage the clutch completely when you pull the lever in.

I'd try 5W-40 Rotella T6 synthetic. Synthetic can mix with conventional oil without a problem.

Jay

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
It's also possible that the clutch cable isn't adjusted properly. There needs to be some gap/freeplay between the lever and the perch, but if there's too much it won't disengage the clutch completely when you pull the lever in.

I'd try 5W-40 Rotella T6 synthetic. Synthetic can mix with conventional oil without a problem.

Jay
Kinda like Rum n Coke......:whistling::whistling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.