Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230497401799&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=35597#ht_3697wt_1167

Above is the link and picture of the product I am talking about.

I have bought several SSR products, all have been exceptional quality, especially their brushed aluminum anodized gold finished exhaust hanger as well as bar ends.

I want to know what these would do for my preload and what the main benefits of them are, especially since my 150/60/17 new tire is coming tomorrow, I want a little info from someone who knows more about these things.

I would definitely get the gold ones to match all the anodized gold accents on my bike as well as exhaust hanger, but I want to know that they are worth. Do they tighten up suspension? Or just meant to lower the bike? Is the rear tighter when they are in the fifth adjustment slot?

Check them out and let me know what you think!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
They are simply to change ride height. The shock's ability to dampen and characteristics are unaffected. So if you're ninja is the right height, you'd simply be doing an aesthetic mod...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I see :( they made it seem like something much more magical.

45$ for something that would make it look pretty cool may be worth it, but not for right now. I still stand by SSR products, I guess I feel like they made it out something to be that it is not on their ebay.

If it could raise the rear a couple inches I think I would go for them, but apparently you can only lower it up to five inches from stock. Makes me sad :(

Can't justify this one for myself i guess.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
On top of lowering the rear, you would have to look at the front as well or you would upset the whole balance of the bike!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lower it 5 inches from stock? Holy grap! That thing would be dragging some serious bum.... And yes, Zandit's right, if you want the bike to handle reasonably well, you'd have to make the corresponding change to the front as well.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
spooph said:
lower it 5 inches from stock? Holy grap! That thing would be dragging some serious bum.... And yes, Zandit's right, if you want the bike to handle reasonably well, you'd have to make the corresponding change to the front as well.
6 inches... that said, I need to be 2 inches of clearance for ANDRA rules for the class I want to race in.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
well the bike came with vortex lowering links already. i dont need that for the rear. i guess i just need to figure out how to raise the handle bars.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi-tech said:
well the bike came with vortex lowering links already. i dont need that for the rear. i guess i just need to figure out how to raise the handle bars.
What about those handlebar raisers? The ones that are slanted pieces of steel and bolt on under the two perches of your handlebars, so they slant downwards but are actually "raised" since the blocks under them add height.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts