Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

sprocket change

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  hi-tech 
Razorback said:
Looking to maybe change to 15/38or39 sprockets. I am looking to cut down on vibration and up MPG without killing low end to much to get up to speed on freeway. Things anyone have tried and you results on mileage and torque would be appreciated.
i run a 16\45

plenty of top end 12k on tack at 95 now 11k on tack at 105 so...

i can drive comfortably on the highway 70mph without thinking... those chunks of aluminum are moving damn fast by my baby maker...

as far a torque goes, well i lost a bit but boosted mpg from about 65-70 to 70+ depending on how i drive..

spooph said:
Damn Audacia, you must really go easy on that throttle. I get 55mpg... ALL THE TIME. he he.... I'm running 15/44 right now, and I gotta say, I think the 15/43 is THE PERFECT combo, EVER! (being overly dramatic)... Unless you're doing all kinds of "power mods" like X, then you're gonna need taller gearing to make use of all that extra power.... :D
eh i putt around but on occasion my bike sees the sunny side of 11k on the tack haha...

Razorback said:
Looking to maybe change to 15/38or39 sprockets. I am looking to cut down on vibration and up MPG without killing low end to much to get up to speed on freeway. Things anyone have tried and you results on mileage and torque would be appreciated.
that config you might as well do a 16f with 45r itll be the same thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.