Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have obtained a new victim. I'll post a picture of the actual bike soon.

It's a 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 in boxes, with 44K, and when I'm done, it will probably look something like this:

Indie, you watching?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice, I've been thinking about doing a bobber project with a fat rear tire for a while now, although I wont do bars that high, alot more lower and just straight across.

Maybe like this?

Not sure what older bike to start with though...hmm

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ooo, Muyo, I like that! Although I'm definitely going to do higher bars than those. Definitely going for a show pony this time around, don't much care for comfort.... I dig the big rear tire look, but for this one I'm gonna try and match the front and rear tire as close as possible. I'm thinking a 130 up front and a 140 out back (currently has a 160), with white walls. It'll just be hopping back and forth from bar to bar, or if you want to put your conscience to rest, cafe to cafe.... ::)

Muyo, the best old bike to start with is the cheapest one you can find that would make a good canvas..... Depending on your fabbing skillz, you can make it happen with almost anything.....

Right, so this is what it currently looks like:

It's a bit scrunched in with a few other things. Yes, there's a 1500cc engine in there somewhere...

First on the agenda, getting the frame rolling. Then the engine, and then all the extras slowly. Maybe the frame will be rolling my Christmas. I'm not very rushed on this project....

·
Registered
59 Posts
1500cc = alot of torque!

But yeah I've been looking on Craigslist a lot and see alot of Honda CB750s and 900s for really cheap. Even some Yamaha's ranging from 600+. Not sure what I'll get out of the bunch but looking forward to spring to start on something.

Getting pretty cold here allready, its gonna be long 6 months before nice weather again.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Muyo said:
1500cc = alot of torque!

But yeah I've been looking on Craigslist a lot and see alot of Honda CB750s and 900s for really cheap. Even some Yamaha's ranging from 600+. Not sure what I'll get out of the bunch but looking forward to spring to start on something.

Getting pretty cold here allready, its gonna be long 6 months before nice weather again.
Metric 4-bangers are plentiful, powerful and cheap. But as bobbers, they kinda look like rats.
I'd look for a Yamaha XS650 twin... Classic engine layout, with modern features.

Here's a nice one...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
X, yup, for sure!

Felix, he's excited, but a little apprehensive. He's told me that He doesn't want to wrestle a big bike around anymore - he's too old or some stuff. So I might just end up flipping the Vulcan to make money for the 650.... He seems to like that one more.... Although the 650 should be a cafe project..... I guess I can do that with the 360, and make the 650 into a proper, comfortable standard....

Kurt, haha, I have one of those too! Still have to get a title for it though.... :p

For those wondering, I now have a total of 4 bikes, 1 of them running (the ninja)....

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.