Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the round red and amber reflectors off the bike when it was brand new. Removing the amber ones at the front fender left the empty sockets in place and I intended to replace them with a bolt so it would look finished. But, I finally found something I like better to fill the sapce:

The spikes came in a 6 pack (ebay, $10 + shipping, with exhange came to about 18 bucks $ Canadian). I had to cut the threads down on two of them (from a 20mm length to about 10mm) to fit in the holes. These spike bolts are intended to replace the fairing and windscreen bolts. I tried the remaining bots in the windscreen and all around the bike to see if I wanted to order more and replace all the bolts. I found I did not like how they looked in the windscreen and especially not how they looked in the top of the fairing on each side of the tank. They almost hit the left grip when the steering was locked over. BUT, I did like how they looked on the front lower part of thr fairing:

I have since ordered a set of black hex head bolts with black washers to replace the remaining bolts on the body work. Should have those in a week or so.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I just hope that no one is below you if you drop it, lol. They actually look cool though.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. zandit, I like those spikes too, saw the same ones on a red 250r at the bikeshow, used for windscreen bolts, and they looked good. They taper more than the ones I bought. By the way, these buggers are pretty sharp. Forgot about it the first time I washed the bike, don't think I'll forget again...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My black bolts came today! 14 bucks for 10 with 20 washers and 10 nutwells. Now all the silver heads are gone from the body panels, 4 replaced by black spikes and 8 replaced by black screws and washers. Its subtle, but a clear difference on the black bike:

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI you can always remove 2 of the 4 bolts under the rear seat, then replace them with the 2 black bolts from the front hugger, that the reflectors screw into, and use the 2 from the rear seat area to fill in the holes on the front hugger where you removed the reflector bolts. Its free and works great. No one can see the black bolts under the seat anyways.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts