Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got anew sproket but I was told it will throw my speedo and odometer off. If the speed sensor is on my tire this would be false . If its on a shaft in Thc motor somewhere this would be true. So on my 2009 zx6r do I need s speedo healer ?

·
Registered
615 Posts
grover89 said:
So I just got anew sproket but I was told it will throw my speedo and odometer off. If the speed sensor is on my tire this would be false . If its on a shaft in Thc motor somewhere this would be true. So on my 2009 zx6r do I need s speedo healer ?
Changing the sprockets to anything from stock WILL throw off your speedo. Yes, you will need the healer if you want it to be accurate. Otherwise, you can try and calculate how far off it will be and just try that while riding.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
There is no such thing as an accurate speedo, even in cars.
All bikes I have had, have had a small error margin while stock. This has been verified through a GPS.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Well then I guess my excuse from now on will be that, "my speedometer only said I was going 35mph, officer".
At 35 on my gps my speedo says 37.
At 70 on the gps my speedo says 73
At 105 on my gps my speedo says 108
At 135 on the gps my speedo says 139.
fastest i've got the bike going was 138 down a good hill recorded by gps.
speedo said 141-142.
I wasn't spending a lot of time by keeping looking at it.....LOl
That's it folks.....

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
So GPS is always accurate then? And do you always ride with one hooked up? Where do you mount it?
Gps is usually quite accurate, but it will depend how open it is to the sky.
Main roads usually are quite open.
Mine is mounted to my handlebars.
I have the 650 sport with the simple bars.
I have this mount:
Amazon.com: Arkon GN032 Garmin nüvi Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount -Black: GPS & Navigation

This cradle:
Amazon.com: BKT50 x 2: Lot of 2 Repalcement bracket/holder/cradle for Garmin Nuvi 50 50LM: Electronics

This GPS:
Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 50LM 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps (US): Electronics

And u can see the GPS on this Pic:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.