Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, just got done ordering a few things today. First on the list is

Amazon.com: K&N R-0990 Universal Rubber Filter: Automotive

And the second is a dynojet stage one jet kit.

So far after about a week i have a little over 1000 miles on it, two oil changes and already done the first adjustment on the chain. I got bored the other day and decided I wanted to take the bike apart and see what I was working with..being a gear head I prefer to be a little familiar with my surroundings.

im also looking at lowering links kits from soupys performance. although a tad pricey (along with the adjustable kick stand) however, i know that you get what you pay for and a few of the moderators recommend so....they might just end up on my bike...

i wanted to get a little feedback and see if anyone has any recommendations on how i should set the carb up?

enough blabber here is a pic with two makeshift boats that a bunch of cuban refugees came over to our beloved country in. although made with a few simple items its incredibly ingenious as far as im concerned..its basically vinyl tarp sewn together and filled with liquid expanding foam(unsinkable). they put a rudder and even installed an engine with a drive-shaft that ran through the bottom. there was a bunch of random travel size items, batteries, medicine, water jugs and food wrappers..no telling if they made it to dry land or if they got boxed up and "returned to sender"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im hoping ill place the order within the week. im still trying to figure out if i want to spend that extra hundred and change on that adjustable kick stand or just adjust mine myself...

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
My opinion....

I really liked the concept of the links and stand, once I installed the links I struggled to adjust them, and constantly stressed about them being the same length so as not to put too much stress on the knuckle. I ended up on swapping them out for Roaringtoyz.

As for the kickstand, looks ok in the pictures, but when you get the thing on the bike, its chunky as! I'd get the roaringtoyz stand if I cared what the bike looked like, but since I was racing and just needed it to stop the bike from falling over, it did its job.

Hope that doesn't stuff your plans up, just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Oh and I don't work for roaringtoyz :p

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i understand what you are saying. roaring toyz it is. since im 6'3 and 180lbs now im not to thrilled about putting risers on the handle bars, i dont really like the way is sits right now and want to be positioned differently. so clip ons it is, pretty obvious what ill be going with, and with all the money ill save on the adjustable link i might get those sooner then i planned.
right now i find my hands falling asleep after 20-30 minuets of riding. i hope changing to clip ons helps a little bit.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
def been thinking about them.im going to see how i feel after i get the corbin seat installed. i just got the rejet kit in and also a new air filter. had an hour or two to kill and did the swap..honestly it was a cinch, after playing with the airbox for a couple minuets i figured out how it needed to get out. problem is obviously i didnt get exactly what i needed so i had to put the air box back in because it wasnt running right. ill be rejetting when i get the larger jets to support the intake. ill also fab up a nice shield for the air filter to help out with any rain issues. honestly i dont plan on riding it in the rain as it is, every time i make a turn i think itll be my last.here in key west there it ALWAYS a taxi and this island is only so big. right now i just ordered the lowering links, some red leds for the gauge cluster. and my 150/60/17 rear tire. next DEF corbin seat and clips ons...

·
Registered
260 Posts
so here is a question, on my right hand, my first three fingers fall asleep quite often. I always shrugged it off as poor circulation from a work accident years ago (cut the tips of two fingers off). Could it be my ride position, or the position of the handlebars?

thats what Im getting out of what I just read.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Parallel twins are notorious for vibrations, there was even a recall on the earlier model 650's because the fairings were rattling too much. Sometimes my hands will get tingling if I am holding the bars too tight. Have a look at the way you ride, maybe this is the problem. Some thicker gel grips may be the answer.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yes yes! Good points Zandit! Softer gel grips work wonders! Also, make sure you hold the tank with your knees insaniti, this will go a long way to lightening the load on your hands/wrists. It takes some time to build up the core/leg strength to do this for long periods at a stretch, but it will come.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I already ride like that, there is very little pressure on my hands/wrist while riding. A lot of times I keep two fingers on the clutch/brake. Maybe it is my circulation after all? I mean it its just my right hand, and only the first three fingers (first two were cut, third cracked)... I just had a glimmer of hope that's all lol. I would like some bigger grips tho, I got some long fingers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Id like to add a few things... Ive noticed on long rides that I get tingly hands and such also. Plus I read that someone said something about rear-sets? Where could I get a pair of them and some better hand grips for a decent price? And lastly, I have a 2010 250r and I was curious if anyone else had a problem with their windscreen vibrating and making a horrible racket at about 6k rpm? Do I need to get different rubber grommets or what? Looking forward to some feedback.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.