Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About Michael Jackson

Probably one of the best musicians/dancers since Elvis. How do people from other countries feel about him?? Like you fellas from Australia??

I really liked the guy, but dang, the news is all over him and now everyone wants to love the guy now that he's dead.

Stores can't keep his albums on the shelf (I've got a lot of his albums btw). I really do have a ton of respect for the man

I know he was kinda a freak the last couple of years, but the older gals I work with who grew up with MJ says he was obsessed about his apperance because he hated his dad and didn't want to look anything like him. Which I can understand. But that must be some HATE to do all that to yourself just so you wouldnt look like your father

I can understand why he hates his father as well. I remember watching something on VH1 about his life, like a movie from when he was a child til his adult years, when i was younger and i kinda wish they would play it now.

What does everyone else think about MJ or the whole situation.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
For 40 years the world has been impacted By MJ in many ways. It will not be until all is said and done will the world see it. Everyone who has known MJ from childhood says he was a older man in a child's body. It is rare that we are visited by such great talents. Truth be told they say great minds and geniuses die young. So whether people like him or not, I think in the end all the good will outweigh the bad. I find it funny that some want to label him a drug addict, but when you live a lifetime of pain, yours and someone else's, you might need a little something to take the edge off once in a while. If being a drug addict means one can accomplish as much as he has, I guess being addicted in his and Elvis' case it is a good thing..?

RIP MJ

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
HA! Ratty, you funny.

There is no denying MJ was a great musician. It is sad that he made such an effort to change his appearance. Anybody should feel comfortable with who they are. Regardless, I think, unlike in Elvis' case, the homages being paid to this artist can be either celebrations or honorariums, depending on which part of his life one looks to.... MJ however was still a human being like the rest of us, and since passed, should be given the right of peace and honor.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Michael Jackson was part of my childhood, teen years and even flowed into my adult years and I still have a good jam when I skate to his music. Music genius yes. Emotionally balanced probably not.
but great none the less.

It isn't fair that being different is still not accepted, it hasn't changed much since the middle ages but we don't use fire anymore or hot oil. Just the evil media.

I am saddened by the family playing the foul play card and suspect it is just to keep the publicity rollling.
The guy was 50 out of shape and was being pushed to his physical limits. Along with overmedicated probably. But who is to judge. I on somedays would be happy to choose overmedication, but just can't go there anymore.

I am glad he is not around to see this media circus but wish he could see the good impact he had..

RIP Michael.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts