Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

sorry haven't been on in awhile(long read)

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Tibbs911 
#1 ·
Hey guys i havent been on for awhile so i figured id explain why.

Well it was just like any wednesday...come home from school (im 14) play video games for a bit...hang with friends...eat. go play ftbl at the abandoned lot. come home...shower...go to sleep.

So i get woken up at ~1:10 in the morning by my mom yelling and opening my window. Once i gain awareness of what is going on... i realize tht i cant see shit. theres a horrid plasticky smelling smoke all throughout our house. i followed my natural instinct to run. as im leaving my room to go downstairs my dad grabs me from behind and yanks me back into my room. at this point me my mom dad and older sis(16) are3 in my room. my dad runs to my window tht opens to a small roof over our back door. he tries to open it but it wont budge...so he braces and kicks the window out.

At this point mine and my dads only thoughts are to get my sis and mom out of the house...so i hop out first and get ready to help my sis and mom exit from the house. after everyone gets out i grabbed my phone and called 911...in the middle of the call my dad realizes tht my oldest sister isnt outside with us. as he gets ready to go back in( me right behind him) i notice her outside with our shihtzu puppy. she somehow had managed to run down the stairs and get outside unscathed. at the sight of our shihtzu i immediately thought of our 8 yr old yellow lab. i got half way thru the window before my dad grabbed me held me crying(me not him :'().

As the firefighters medics and police arrive they get us off the roof via ladder and begin to extinguish the fire. as they put out the fire they said they had found no signs of Sam (our lab). at this point i burst into tears(first time i had cried since my grandfather passed away when i was 9) cuz Sam had always been "my" dog. so after 10 minutes of fire and an additional 20 minutes of time for the smoke the smoke to clear. i hear my sister scream and i immediately thought "oh know...hes dead isnt he". when i got there i saw sam walking out of the house virtually unscathed.

So three days later were at a hotel with our dogs and sam starts breathing really really heavily. so we took him to the vet and waited for hours. the vet came out with tht look tht indicates it isnt good. i immediately get teary eyed thinking "no, not now, not after he made it out...not like this!" he goes on to tell us tht atleast 70% of his lungs are burnt and tht his stomach is filled with air which is casing the dry pukes and wheazing. he then says tht he gave him a 10-15% chance of living. he then said tht they would keep him overnight to see if he would heal. the next day we go back and sam had already started to heal. the doctor said he had never seen a dog heal so quickly from any injury.

as of today we are staying in a rental home while the insurance company figures out what they are gunna do with the house. early reports are atleast $80,000 in structural damage alone. if they decided to repair the estimates are at around $120,000-150,000 just for rebuilding(not included like: furniture, furnishings, etc.)

im glad to be ok and despite not believing in god...im beginning to think tht maybe... just maybe....(ill leave tht for another thread ::))
the police and firefighters said tht they were surprised i was holding it together so well. i told them tht this was nothing...(i got a concussion when i was 12 and as a result had 3 seizures after tht). so as of now i feel i can handle almost anything.

See less See more
#2 ·
omg dude! I'm glad you made it out alive with your family, I'm sorry to hear about your injuries though but its great you pulled through. Being 14 and going through that is very life changing, you have to become a man even though you're a "KID" growing up that quick so fast can really be a downer. Just know that after this you've become a rock, you CAN get through anything its just how life works, you just have to believe in it, go towards it and bitch smack anything in your way (unless they're bigger than you hehe).

Keep in touch with the forums, anything you and your family need? Clothes? Food or whatever just say the word.

As for the god subject, thats something or someone who you'll have to learn about yourself in your own comfortable way. After all of this is said and done, in the future you may just find the answer to your question, but dont let anyone force god on you, find him on your own time.

#3 ·
So glad you are ok . Fire is so bad .
Frankenstein was right.
this is a huge deal getting displaced and almost losing your family. Be sure to take time to process it! Sending many thoughts your way to you and yours.

#4 ·
Dude that sucks! Glade you and your family made it out alive. I hope sam heals.

It sucks to lose a dog in a tragic way. I think that's why I hate veterinarian hospitals and Hospitals cause I hate the look of the Docs that come out with that awful dreaded look on there face.

#12 ·
Um I believe at least in Colorado you can get a motorcycle instructors permit at 15 but the catch is you have to hold it for a 12 months and can only ride withing visual of your parent/guardian or with some that has a Motorcycle License withing 15 miles of your house and no Highway driving or passengers and you must wear a Helmet.

#14 ·
ya i can get a full license with parental consent/signing/crap at age 16 here in wisconsin...i think its all the farm kids and harleys haha.

virt-thx for the offer but i got everything i need(just need my goddamned paintball mask and harness haha). my dad's a genius. had $40g's in a savings account for emergencys...plus everything we buy is paid for by the insurance company

PS-thx everyone for the motivation and support.
PSS-also virt- to ur first comment there misnt anyone really in my grade tht is bigger then me. haha :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.