Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temps are finally starting to creep above freezing around here, so Im' getting pretty anxious to lay my hands on my new 09 Ninja 250R. Having not yet taken delivery of the bike, I'm already met with near hostile comments about why I bought such a "little bike" and bombarded with the "fact" that I'll be bored of it in a month and want a 650 at least. Of course, the sources of knowledge in most cases hppen to be folks who don't have an M class licence, and who don't now, and never did even own any motorcycle. SO, it is just some misconception that's been repeated so often the uninformed and inexperienced now know it as a fact???

My current ride, soon to be for sale, is a 49cc Honda Ruckus. I like to tell the nay-sayers that I am getting a bigger bike, in fact my new bike is 5 times bigger than my old one!!! ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
haha yerp!!

our bikes arnt that small!

were bigger than 50cc's, 80's, 125's, 150's, etc hah XD

·
Registered
94 Posts
BlackBoar said:
SO, it is just some misconception that's been repeated so often the uninformed and inexperienced now know it as a fact???
I generally believe this is the case. The experienced riders I know(10+ yrs) all sold me on the 250. But, this one guy I know was saying to me before I bought my ninja " dude, how are you going to feel when you pull up to a gsxr 1000 and get smoked?" I just laughed at him. He must be insecure or something.

Anyways, I have been accepted with open arms into my local street bike community and never regretted my 250 purchase. Good Luck and have fun!

·
Registered
256 Posts
i think it depends on your environment... in america, everyone thinks that 250s are weak, and that you need a 600 or bigger to move your fat ass. but in asia/s.e. asia 250s are BIG. most people ride 50s and 125s. it really depends on your perspective.

it really only matters that it makes you smile when you ride it.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Urgh... hear this a bit. Yes it is a small capacity bike, but I can guarantee that your corner speed will be as fast if not faster than those bigger bikes, mine was. I spent a bit of time talking to a Professional Racer, he rides super stock and superbike, and he believes my time on the 250 will benefit me hugely once I move to a larger bike.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
I've actually stood next to 600cc bikes (particularly a couple of Hondas at the bike shop)
My 250R seems to be the exact same size as them ..

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, to be fair, the guys I know who do ride (any motorcycle) seem to think the 250 Ninja is pretty cool, these guys even like my Ruckus. Like you say, as long as it puts the smile on your face.

And for ccy, don't worry, the half helmet was a short lived item, too noisy in the wind even at scooter speeds and I got nervous about leaving my face on the pavement some day. I switched to an AFX full face, but I just bought an HJC IS-16 full face for the Ninja.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right, postage to Malaysia on a 200 lbs crate included, eh? If the selling doesn't work out I just may make it a gift to myself. Its really slow for where I live, but I'll admit I'm going to miss it when it comes to short trips, running errands, lots of storage space and I like the utility of it.

Having said that I think if I really held onto both, the Ruck'd just rust out in the corner under the shadow of my Ninja.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Boar, to answer your initial question, yes, it's a saying repeated over and over by guys trying to "live up to standards" that has now become a "fact"... According to society, a "real man" never, ever rides anything less than a 600cc... Of course, according to that same society, a "real man" also has WIDE chicken strips, and clocks less than 4,000 miles a year. I guess I'm a freekin' fairy...

Don't worry, we're all behind ya, us and our wimpy "non-real men" 250cc bikes... :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.