Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was selling my 50cc SMT on motorcyclenews.com and i got an email saying someone in australia wanted to buy my bike...like wtf?! but i was like ok then. So this guy said he would send me a cheque through and we exchanged a few emails... After about 2 weeks i got bored of waiting so i sold the motorbike to someone local and was going to send this guys cheque to his solicitors when it arrived. The next day a cheque arrived for £4,750!! so i was like wtf...We rang his solicitors and they said that this was a fake and that they had not issued this cheque. They said that they had had some old cheques stolen and people were using them to con people out of bikes on msn.

Because of me getting away i think im going to be in motorcyclenews the paper and net!

wooo haah

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Jeez, you brits sure know how to charge!!! $4750 for a 50cc!!!!! Dodgy mongrel! :p

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Or send emails that say you have $50000000000000.00 in an account with their name on it that needs an account keeping fee paid before they can claim it!!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah well i was the lucky one!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
metbandit1 said:
I was selling my 50cc SMT on motorcyclenews.com and i got an email saying someone in australia wanted to buy my bike...like wtf?! but i was like ok then. So this guy said he would send me a cheque through and we exchanged a few emails... After about 2 weeks i got bored of waiting so i sold the motorbike to someone local and was going to send this guys cheque to his solicitors when it arrived. The next day a cheque arrived for £4,750!! so i was like wtf...We rang his solicitors and they said that this was a fake and that they had not issued this cheque. They said that they had had some old cheques stolen and people were using them to con people out of bikes on msn.

Because of me getting away i think im going to be in motorcyclenews the paper and net!

wooo haah
the same thing happened to me when I was trying to sell my scooter on ebay, end result was I now have a fake $4000 check, but locally sold it before it got here. wanted me to wire the rest of the money (difference between the price and the check amount). when I sold it then a week later I got the check, called the police to report it. and they said that it happens all the time a few times a day in my town of 250,000.
A lot of [email protected] idoits who can't hold jobs and are lazing, and who hate their own species enough to scam them. There isnt a word strong to enough to describe them. I didn't get scamed.

It was a fake check because the bank was different tan the address which was different than something else

ill post a pic of it once i find it, somewhere in the cluttered room

·
Registered
874 Posts
Fake check

no watermark

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah yes!!ooo.

whereas the cheque they used on my was not fake it was an old cheque that they stole and washed..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts