Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on some silver stripes with some vinyl I bought off ebay.

Just trying to make it look a bit different. I'll probably get sick of them after a week and rip them off hehe.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah ebay. There's some good stuff there but it's a bit hit-and-miss. The silver vinyl I bought is great stuff - looks good and is flexible so it's easy to apply. I bought some carbon fibre vinyl from another place and it wasn't very good. Not flexible at all. I made my tank pad out of it but that'll be all I'll use it for. I think it's mainly for cars and trucks which have large, flat panels. No good for curvy bike fairing.

With the stripes, I traced the shapes out on paper and stuck them on the bike with blu-tack to see if I got the shapes right and to see how it looked. Some parts needed 3 or 4 tries before I got it right. Once I had the templates I traced them on to the back of the vinyl, cut them out and stuck them on. The only prep I did with the actual bike was to make sure it was clean ie. I just gave it a wash.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it took a little while but I like doing that sort of thing. If I do it again I'll make the templates using Photoshop like I did with my tank pad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.